Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

Camera shops

More
20 May 2009 13:20 #1 by Orca (Eoin Walsh)
I am looking for some help trying to find a camera.I am looking for the canon ixus 90is and cant seem to find it in any shops in dublin.If anyone knows where i can get my hands on one it would be a great help.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
20 May 2009 13:33 #2 by lampeye (lampeye)
Replied by lampeye (lampeye) on topic Re:Camera shops
www.calumetphoto.co.uk/ctl?ac.ui.pn=sear...y=canon%20ixus%20990
theres a belfast branch (see phone numbers)

lampeye

More
20 May 2009 14:40 #3 by Orca (Eoin Walsh)
Replied by Orca (Eoin Walsh) on topic Re:Camera shops
Thanks for the link.I just gave them a call and they can get it.It would take 12 working days and cost €287 if you collect and €313 to post.Do you think this is a good price.

More
20 May 2009 15:23 #4 by lampeye (lampeye)
Replied by lampeye (lampeye) on topic Re:Camera shops
ive no idea mate. shop around, im sure theres other websites

lampeye

More
20 May 2009 15:36 #5 by seanmchugh (Sean Mc Hugh)
These are a french company that started out selling just cameras hence the name but have expanded and expanded

www.pixmania.ie/ie/uk/home.html

aslo

www.envizage.com/

However enizage can be very dear with postage

More
20 May 2009 15:47 #6 by Tom (Tom Brecknell)
Replied by Tom (Tom Brecknell) on topic Re:Camera shops
Here are a couple of prices for you…………………………….

Links are direct to the camera’s.

£169.99 from Amazon.co.uk

www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0015UG0US/ref=asc_d...d-ce-21&linkCode=asn

£127.95 or €145.73 Plus £12.95 to Ireland

cgi.ebay.ie/10MP-CANON-POWERSHOT-SD790-I...7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50

Tom.B)

More
20 May 2009 17:41 #7 by Orca (Eoin Walsh)
Thanks for all the help on this one.I have found if you cant find something on the web or in the shops just put a post up and you get sorted.
Thanks again,
Eoin.

More
20 May 2009 19:06 #8 by Acara (Dave Walters)
I bought this brilliant little unit 3 days before Xmas in Currys at Newry,just under 150euro.(135pnds).You wont be dissapointed with it.
Incidentally,next day in PC World Jervis centre it was 200e and the following week it was in the sales for 300e IN THE SAME SHOP. Figure that out.

always on the lookout for interesting corys.pm me if you know off any!

More
20 May 2009 19:25 #9 by Orca (Eoin Walsh)
I saw your camera at the show and it is a great looking camera with many good specs.The reviews on the web all seem to be good.I will try pcworld you never know they might still have them in stock.

More
20 May 2009 19:34 #10 by Acara (Dave Walters)
I had never used it,it is hers,and lives in the handbag(hers!).I am teaching myself to use it,has a dedicated underwater and a aquarium modes.I want a housing to take it diving.

More
21 May 2009 09:23 #11 by seanmchugh (Sean Mc Hugh)
What is even stranger is that currys own pc world, so i dont see why they can have such big price differences

More
21 May 2009 19:14 #12 by Acara (Dave Walters)
I had a look in work today and they only have the 95IS and the 100IS,the latter has 'hd' movie clips as opposed to the vga.Its probably not the full whammo HD,but better than normal.
I went through the stock computer,and this chain of shops(I'll pm you name)dosnt have any in stock.We then checked canon.ie and the 90 is not listed anymore.As I went to walk away,a gentleman behind me introduced himself as being from Canon,which indeed he is.So we got chatting.The 90 is discontinued and he really recomended the 100(yes,I know he's a salesman!).Then,he pulled the 110 out of his pocket,which he received yesterday.What a beaut!! Widescreen,HD,and auto mode setting(cant remember its official name)where,instead of turning the knob to portrait,macro,landscape,etc,etc,you simply point the cam,push button down halfway,and mode is automatically selected.Many other bells and whistles,resulting in a gucci piece of kit.The 100 and the 110 also have Digic4 (processor?) instead of the old Digic3 in the 90IS.

More
22 May 2009 19:18 #13 by Acara (Dave Walters)
The Ixus 90IS is for sale in PC world this weekend for 175yoyo.

More
22 May 2009 21:57 #14 by Orca (Eoin Walsh)
I got my new camera today.Currys in carrickmines have the ixus 90is on sale at €174.I got the camera/case/4gb sd card and insurance for €260.I just got in from work and i think it will be a late one tonight when i open the box:) :) :)

More
22 May 2009 22:00 #15 by Acara (Dave Walters)
Nice one.I got a 16gb sdhc card(40euro),think it was something like 4500 or so photos,so a 4gb will be ample.
Good luck with it,and get some photos posted.

More
22 May 2009 22:07 #16 by Orca (Eoin Walsh)
I hope to get some pics up soon when i get a feel for this camera.Thanks again for the info and help this is one great camera.More toys:) :) :) :) :) :) :)

• Valerie (Valerie)
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
22 May 2009 22:15 #17 by Valerie (Valerie)
Replied by Valerie (Valerie) on topic Re:Camera shops
Congratulations on your new purchase - Well wear !

Don't be posting pictures of your fish at 4am !! :laugh:

Valerie

Time to create page: 0.053 seconds