Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

farah and wacko dead

More
25 Jun 2009 22:57 #1 by sheag35 (Seamus Gillespie)
what a day eh, micheal jackson dead and farah fawcett too, think i'll miss farah more

Fishkeeping the Only way to get wet and wild

currently 25 tanks, and breeding is the aim of everything i keep

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
25 Jun 2009 23:53 #2 by seanmchugh (Sean Mc Hugh)
Two great icons lost.

More
25 Jun 2009 23:59 #3 by sheag35 (Seamus Gillespie)
apparently ed mc mahon too today...well the do say it happens in threes

More
26 Jun 2009 00:05 #4 by Fishowner (Gavin fishowner)
For goodness sake, get a grip. They are celeb's who have passed away. There are people dying in our hometown's day in and out, without as much as a second thought,yet the whole world stands still for Wacko. He abused his health over the years. Ok r.i.p and all that, but we have all lost ppl more dear and closer to us than Wacko. He had a talent I accept that, but I hope people arent going to jump on the bandwagon and play the oh no Im shocked card now and isnt it terrible etc..

He had a string of question marks over him throughout time regarding the charges that were taken against him, Im not going to turn this into a political correct debate here etc, however I for one wont be grieving this guys passing.

Gavin

More
26 Jun 2009 00:06 #5 by PetCoLongMileRoad (Drew Latimer)
I've always loved his music since i was a child he's the only pop artist on my ipod it looks so out of place ha ha

Such as shame

R.I.P

If you're going to be crazy, you have to get paid for it or else you're going to be locked up.

More
26 Jun 2009 00:17 #6 by sheag35 (Seamus Gillespie)
agree with you sb87 wacko had some great music even though as fishowner so subtley put it he had a few ????? in his life,
Farah.... my first crush god she was beautiful
ed mc mahon a great broadcaster
just proves times passes us all by and celebrity and wealth mean nothing other than you leave a legacy in music or film..

More
26 Jun 2009 00:21 - 26 Jun 2009 00:21 #7 by Fishowner (Gavin fishowner)
Im tired, I dont beat around the bush!! Must get some sleep now! In fairness Farah was some hottie, no wonder Charlies angels was a success!!
Hope I didnt offend anyone with my earlier post, but I stand by it still to be honest!! ( I still think his music was class though!).
Gavin
Last edit: 26 Jun 2009 00:21 by Fishowner (Gavin fishowner).

More
26 Jun 2009 00:31 #8 by PetCoLongMileRoad (Drew Latimer)
it wasn't offensive but there will loads of people who will remember him for all the wrong reasons which is a tad unfair

i know he wasn't exactly "all there"

and im not getting into the whole did he didn't he malark

As a kid growing up in the 90's he was the coolest man out there was always dying for his new song/video

I wouldn't say i kept that impression of him as i grew up but i never forgot how good his music was

If you're going to be crazy, you have to get paid for it or else you're going to be locked up.

More
26 Jun 2009 07:40 #9 by Ian (Anthony Ramirez)
I can only remember a few artist I've collected cassette tapes from the 80s yup before there was no CDs and that's Michael Jackson

Fishkeeping CV: Co-founded, 1st President of the only surviving Fishkeeping Club (Accredited by Dept. of Fisheries) in the Philippines (mypalhs.com). I have mostly reared tropicals - Arowanas and monster fishes. My oldest arowana is 13years old (died in a tropical storm). Ive since reared a Black,...

More
26 Jun 2009 14:42 #10 by lampeye (lampeye)
Reports of michael jackson having a heart attack in hospital are incorrect.He was found in the childrens ward,having a stroke

Michael jackson has died.Early reports are still undecided whether to blame it on the sunshine...the good times..or the Boogie

What's the difference between Michael Jackson and Neil Armstrong? Neil Armstrong was the first man to walk on the moon; Michael Jackson had sex with children

lampeye

• 2poc (2poc)
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
26 Jun 2009 15:47 #11 by 2poc (2poc)
Replied by 2poc (2poc) on topic Re:farah and wacko dead
Have to say I find the jokes distasteful. :(

He was a person like anyone else & leaves behind his 3 young children.

His death is unfortunate, he was a fantastic musician & a legend in his own right.

Its a sad day to lose such talent from the world & he will be mourned by millions

RIP

More
26 Jun 2009 20:32 #12 by JohnH (John)
Michael Jackson's "music" never appealed to me - his screeching along to pop tunes really grated on me...but mercifully I was never tied to a chair and forced to listen to it.
No doubt much of what I enjoy listening to would make many others cringe too - but at the end of the day choice is what it's all about.

So, is he a loss to Music? - Probably not...a loss to the human Race? - ABSOLUTELY...but am I pleased he has died? - no, death is pretty terminal and now there is no way he can be made to atone for all his misdeeds, at least not in this life!

One last question: what does all this have to do with Tropical Fish?...feck all!!!

John

We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl - year after year.

ITFS member.

It's a long way to Tipperary.

More
27 Jun 2009 01:08 #13 by sheag35 (Seamus Gillespie)
thats why its called social and RUBBISH john...:P

More
27 Jun 2009 09:18 #14 by JohnH (John)
Message received and understood - a lot more fully than you will realise.

Carry on...

John

We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl - year after year.

ITFS member.

It's a long way to Tipperary.

More
29 Jun 2009 14:53 #15 by pkearney (Phil Kearney)
whos going to feed poor bubbles?

More
29 Jun 2009 15:06 #16 by nonie (leonie troy)
jacko will when he is put next to him in Nerverland (those are his wishes!!)

Time to create page: 0.059 seconds