Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

Iron Maiden in O2

More
13 Apr 2010 08:29 #1 by cardinal (Lar Savage)
woo Hoo....
Just booked my tickets for Iron Maiden and Heaven and Hell in the O2 in July...:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: Cant wait now....has anyone else got plans to go...?? Johnh as discussed in a previous thread....This would be perfect for you ....We could get you into the mosh pit...:cheer: you'd have a great time ...:laugh:

Lar

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 Apr 2010 08:59 - 13 Apr 2010 10:08 #2 by JohnH (John)
Replied by JohnH (John) on topic Re:Iron Maiden in O2
That sounds very tempting, I'll check my arrangements for the date (Googling required) not so sure about the Mo(o)sh Pit though...
It's hard to make a choice between Maiden and Priest as to which group I prefer - I think it just depends on which one I'm listening to at the time.

John

We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl - year after year.

ITFS member.

It's a long way to Tipperary.
Last edit: 13 Apr 2010 10:08 by JohnH (John). Reason: modification

More
13 Apr 2010 10:46 - 13 Apr 2010 10:59 #3 by mickeywallace (Michael Wallace Cath Woods)
tickets on sale !!!!!!!! coolio just might be temted?!?

But for a show i would love to see RAMMSTEIN play there, that would rock your socks off
Mickey

Mickey Wallace & Cath Woods
Last edit: 13 Apr 2010 10:59 by mickeywallace (Michael Wallace Cath Woods). Reason: adding to

More
13 Apr 2010 11:03 #4 by JohnH (John)

tickets on sale !!!!!!!! coolio just might be temted?!?

Only for Fan Club Members - to general public from Friday.

John

ITFS member.

More
13 Apr 2010 20:12 #5 by Acara (Dave Walters)
Hope to be there.
I havnt listened to much of their albums since the late '80s,(although I listen to the older stuff often).I saw them at the RDS in '05,and it was brilliant,I'd been waiting 18yr for it.Bruce came out on stage and said that the previous concert here they played new stuff,so they were only going to play older stuff,which was brilliant for me,as it was literally a 're-run' of the the '85 World Slavery tour(of Live after Death fame).The guys with me only knew the newer stuff,so they only recognised a couple of songs!
So,I think this time round,I probably wont recognise much,but still you can only expect an amazing show from them.

always on the lookout for interesting corys.pm me if you know off any!

More
13 Apr 2010 23:14 #6 by cardinal (Lar Savage)
Hi Mickey

Yep would like to see rammstein play a gig over here,I have seen them before but would like to go to gigs that don't involve buying plane tickets ( tho with RUSH talking about a european tour next year...:woohoo: )The band I'm really looking forward to is Heaven and Hell, I've seen Black Sabbath before in different guises including when Ian Gillan sang with them in the early eighties,but I've never seen them with Ronnie James Dio so it will be a special one,(I'm surprised RJD is touring at the moment give his recent health issues )

Acara
The last couple of maiden studio albums have been very good you should try and get your hands on them,well worth a listen, also try and get to the gig as there's a rumour doing the rounds that this may well be the last album/tour....so who knows

Lar

PS - another pre sale starts Weds morning for O2 customers....you should have got texts about this (if your mobile is with O2 of course)

More
17 Apr 2010 11:17 #7 by Acara (Dave Walters)
Yes,Heaven and Hell should be quite a treat too,one could almost say Sabbath without Ozzie,but of course with a wealth of other stuff done by th members over the years.

More
09 May 2010 06:49 #8 by cardinal (Lar Savage)
Well lads
Heaven and Hell have cancelled all European shows due to Ronnie James Dio's ongoing health problems....Have to say I'm gutted....:( Here's hoping Ronnie manages to beat this cancer thing and gets well soon.

Lar

More
09 May 2010 10:38 #9 by JohnH (John)
That is really unhappy news, cancer is such a cruel affliction.
I agree with you totally, I'm choked too - even though I wasn't going.
I think Sabbath with Ronnie was their best line-up by far (sorry Ozzy) his vocal range completely blows away all other rock vocalists and totally complements Tony Iommi's unique guitar sound.
Get well and back rockin' soon Ronnie.

John

ITFS member.

More
10 May 2010 12:10 #10 by igmillichip (ian millichip)
I was really hoping to see old Tonni and Geezer play again.
So, that's a bit of a bad news for sabbath fans.

Irish Tropical Fish Society (ITFS) Member.

More
15 May 2010 00:10 #11 by cardinal (Lar Savage)

So, that's a bit of a bad news for sabbath fans.

Ahhh Ian
Don't start me on this one.... "Lonely is the word" .... I'm thinking we wont see Ronnie over this side of the ocean again....:( :(

Lar

More
16 May 2010 21:29 #12 by Alan86 (Alan86)
I dont think so...

Im sorry to say Dio died this morning,
All seams a bit odd to me still!

From his site -

"Message from Wendy Dio

Today my heart is broken, Ronnie passed away at 7:45am 16th May. Many, many friends and family were able to say their private good-byes before he peacefully passed away. Ronnie knew how much he was loved by all. We so appreciate the love and support that you have all given us. Please give us a few days of privacy to deal with this terrible loss. Please know he loved you all and his music will live on forever."

RIP Dio!

The money was just resting in my Account!

More
16 May 2010 21:35 - 16 May 2010 21:41 #13 by JohnH (John)
That is shattering news. Ronnie was my favorite Rock vocalist and now he's no more.

I am so sorry for everyone who knew and loved him.

The world will be a sadder place without him.

John

ITFS member.

Last edit: 16 May 2010 21:41 by JohnH (John). Reason: spelling

More
16 May 2010 22:09 - 16 May 2010 22:11 #14 by cardinal (Lar Savage)
So Sad....:-( .......One of the greats.....

Last edit: 16 May 2010 22:11 by cardinal (Lar Savage).

More
16 May 2010 22:26 #15 by Daragh_Owens (Daragh Owens)
Should have read this first, I posted the news on the Kiss thread. Bad news indeed.

Daragh

More
21 May 2010 13:42 - 21 May 2010 13:44 #16 by JohnH (John)
I managed to get hold of a copy of the Heaven and Hell concert from Rockpalast (Germany) recorded last year.
I'm watching it now, it's excellent - but Vinny Appice's no Bill Ward (hardly his fault, I suppose).
Losing RJD is like losing a best friend.
I don't know, it really is hard to come to terms with the loss of such a talent.
To quote Ronnie himself "Long Live Rock'n'Roll" and "We Rock" - RJD, you certainly did.
John

ITFS member.

Last edit: 21 May 2010 13:44 by JohnH (John). Reason: modification

More
31 Jul 2010 21:54 #17 by Acara (Dave Walters)
Well,did anyone make it?

I spent the last 2 days watching Iron Maiden shirts walking up and down the street past me all day.Very depressing.

More
02 Aug 2010 21:56 #18 by cardinal (Lar Savage)
Well Dave
I did ... but given MCD'S terrible choice of replacement support act,I have to admit I wasnt really looking forward to it (Heaven and Hell cancel and MCD replace them with Sweet Savage.... :angry: :angry: :angry: ) However Maiden played a blinder as always ..:woohoo: and only 1 new song unlike the "Dance of Death " tour where they done the whole album in the middle of the Gig.

Lar

More
02 Aug 2010 23:31 #19 by cardinal (Lar Savage)
Here you go dave..... I was somewhere up the front...:)

Lar

More
03 Aug 2010 10:49 #20 by Alan86 (Alan86)
Was a Great Gig alright!...I almost forgive them for the last time they played!
Nothing was as bad as that Mater of life and Death tour? :angry:...The whole Bl$*£y Album, Straight Through!!!..

Some Great Songs played on friday night though!..
Tbh, I didnt even bother heading down for the support, seen them a few year back nd didnt think too much of em!..

The money was just resting in my Account!

More
07 Aug 2010 20:07 #21 by Acara (Dave Walters)
Thanks.Looks like a typical set-up,Bruce loves doing that run along the top!
I've decided I'm going somewhere for the next tour,definately.Not to the newly announced Oz dates though!

Time to create page: 0.076 seconds