Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

June Photo Competition :-)

More
04 Jun 2012 21:31 - 05 Jun 2012 17:38 #1 by BlueRam (Sean Crowe)
This month we are going to go with 1 photo per entry, But with a kick :cool: we are going to be looking for a photo off any species off (Shoaling fish) as most if not all fishkeepers in the fresh and marine side keep some sort off species of Shoaling fish any type you wish

The photo competition for June 2012 is now open

This month's prize will be a €50 gift card from Artane Aquatics,Butterly Business Park, Kilmore Road, Artane,, 5 Dublin, Ireland, Tel (01) 877 5418

Many Thanks Gavin And Sean.

Closing date for submissions : 25th of June 2012, midnight (to give time in the month for Voting)

Please send all entries to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. (include your forum username please).

A few rules :
- 1 photos per registered member MUST BE A PHOTO OFF ANY SPECIES OFF SHOALING FISH
- Submitted file should be in jpeg format and not exceed 1MB in size.
- Rules can be seen here (www.irishfishkeepers.com/index.php/fforum/rules)

So get those entries in lads and Best Of Luck to Everyone

Sean

Sean Crowe

ITFS Member

Always Remember Surviving Is Not Thriving
Attachments:
Last edit: 05 Jun 2012 17:38 by BlueRam (Sean Crowe).

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
05 Jun 2012 17:48 #2 by BlueRam (Sean Crowe)

Sean Crowe

ITFS Member

More
08 Jun 2012 21:08 - 08 Jun 2012 21:09 #3 by BlueRam (Sean Crowe)
Come on Ladies and Gentle Men get your Winning Photo in as it is a great prize from the lads at Artane Aquatics with the brawn new shop.

Also just to note as i will be not on that much for the next few weeks with my internet connection being down due to work on the house.

BillG will be looking after the June Photo Competition so thank you very much bill and if anyone as anything they need to ask about the comp they can get on to bill or my self and ill be able to be on via my phone but wont be able to do anything with the comp and photo wise.

When sending photos all will still be the same so if you could send them on to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. that would be great.

Thanks

Sean

Sean Crowe

ITFS Member

Last edit: 08 Jun 2012 21:09 by BlueRam (Sean Crowe).

More
13 Jun 2012 11:03 #4 by BillG (Bill Gray)
Ladies and gentlemen, so far this month we only have a few photos submitted. Please try and get your entries in soon for a chance to win the €50 gift card from Artane Aquatics.
The deadline for entries if the 25th of the month, so less than 2 weeks to get your entry in!
We deadline was pulled in to the 25th so we can announce the winner within the month :)
We had some excellent entries last month, so get the cameras out and send on the pics!

Cheers,

Bill.

More
13 Jun 2012 15:06 #5 by Melander (Andreas Melander)
Unfortunately there’s a lack of shoaling fish in my tanks :( , maybe it’s about time to change that though.

Melander

More
14 Jun 2012 21:48 #6 by JSleator (Jason Sleator)
Just saw this post, Great topic. I'll have to get the camera out!

More
19 Jun 2012 17:17 #7 by BlueRam (Sean Crowe)
Come on lads get your photos in only a few days left.

Get as many as we can in to make it hard for bill for sorting out the photos:Dhaha

Thanks

Sean

Sean Crowe

ITFS Member

More
21 Jun 2012 19:15 #8 by BlueRam (Sean Crowe)
226 views on this and only 6 entries submitted lads?

there is only so much we can do for the Photo Competitions and we brought them back as there was a LOT who asked for them to be back up and running,

last month we had an outstanding Competition, This month is not as good as we only have 6 photos in which are very good photos but we still need the help from you guys

it is hard enough to get the sponsorship from shop's for these and when we do it doesn't look good on us if we have low numbers

if there are any issues as to why there is not so many people putting in entries please pm me about it as we can have this each month as we wont be able to get prizes

So please send in your entries for the last few days on this and let turn it around and have another out standing photo comp like last months

Thanks to all who keep supporting us with this

Sean

Sean Crowe

ITFS Member

More
21 Jun 2012 19:46 #9 by Petra (Petra)
Unfortunately, despite the 3 tanks I have running, no shoaling fish to be found I was surprised to realise...

More
21 Jun 2012 20:30 #10 by Aquaman (Brian Gillick)
Hey, I just sent an entry but i dont know how to resize the pic. :unsure:

100L 2 Foot Betta Aquarium & Cabinet For Sale:
www.adverts.ie/pet-accessories/100l-aqua...-accessories/2240157

More
21 Jun 2012 20:33 #11 by BillG (Bill Gray)
Hi Aquaman,

dont worry about resizing the pic, we can manage that when we receive them.

I would encourage everyone to get their entries in over the next few days. Closing date is the 25th and we dont have a lot of entries.

CHeers,

Bill.

More
21 Jun 2012 20:49 - 21 Jun 2012 21:06 #12 by BlueRam (Sean Crowe)

Hey, I just sent an entry but i dont know how to resize the pic. :unsure:

Got it there mate and sent it on to you bill with the others

Thanks Lads we just need a good few more now

Sean

Sean Crowe

ITFS Member

Last edit: 21 Jun 2012 21:06 by BlueRam (Sean Crowe).

More
21 Jun 2012 21:02 #13 by Aquaman (Brian Gillick)
Cheers sean :angel:

More
21 Jun 2012 21:09 #14 by BlueRam (Sean Crowe)
Just to clear anything up what i mean by shoaling fish,

it can be off a single shoaling fish or a group off shoaling fish anything like that at all

Sean

Sean Crowe

ITFS Member

More
25 Jun 2012 09:15 #15 by BillG (Bill Gray)
Hi Ladies and Gentlemen,

today is the closing date for the June competition, so if you want to enter the competition, please submit your photos before midnight tonight!
All entries will be posted for voting tomorrow morning so we can announce the winner before the end of the month.

Cheers,

Bill.

More
25 Jun 2012 19:35 #16 by cmclcmcl (Ciaran Mc Loughlin)
Hi Bill,

did you get the photos I sent the other day?

More
25 Jun 2012 23:50 #17 by BlueRam (Sean Crowe)

Hi Bill,

did you get the photos I sent the other day?

Yes mate i got it and sent it on to Bill

Competition Now Closed

Sean

Sean Crowe

ITFS Member

More
26 Jun 2012 13:45 #18 by Aquaman (Brian Gillick)
Hi Sean,
Where can we view the entries?

More
More
26 Jun 2012 20:57 #20 by BillG (Bill Gray)
All entries for the photo competition are now posted on a new thread :) Voting closes midnight Friday (June29) so we can announce the winner on Saturday, so please vote soon!

More
26 Jun 2012 21:00 #21 by Aquaman (Brian Gillick)
thanks Bill :cool:

More
26 Jun 2012 22:55 #22 by BlueRam (Sean Crowe)

All entries for the photo competition are now posted on a new thread :) Voting closes midnight Friday (June29) so we can announce the winner on Saturday, so please vote soon!

Thanks mate

Sean

Sean Crowe

ITFS Member

Time to create page: 0.078 seconds