Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

Results for the June Round

More
06 Jul 2016 08:53 #1 by JohnH (John)
Results For June
First place, Jonlate #01

Second also Jonlate #03

But since no contestant can win two prizes the second prize goes to Third 07 Fishmad 1234

Fourth (joint) 13 Ski

& 18 Helix

Who can liaise to see who gets the prize, and who settles for the plaudits.
As previously mentioned, Daniel has again gone AWOL so we will have to assume his offered shrimp tank donation is no longer available, unfortunately.
Here is a list of prizes for this round.
(In no particular order).
Q_Comets has kindly put his third-placed prize from the April round back up as a prize for June,

Robert has generously donated a full 250 mil unopened bottle of Easy Care Profto fertiliser plus a second opened bottle which is 90% full.

And our good friend (and Competition prize benefactor) Ger310 has offered another bag of 50
grade B 5" Catappa leaves (wouldn't have minded them myself).

As with previous rounds it is now for the winners (as already suggested) to get together either via these pages or using the Private Messages function to decides who chooses which donation. Perhaps when decisions are reached you can let us know (please).
Well done to the winners but even more importantly perhaps thanks to the members who took the time and trouble to submit entries and the ten members who (once again) were good enough to have sent in votes for the said entries.

John
(Watch out later for details of the July Round -with a well-worth winning prize – donated by our ‘Prodigal’ returnees - Aquatic Village).

We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl - year after year.

ITFS member.

It's a long way to Tipperary.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
06 Jul 2016 09:26 - 06 Jul 2016 09:26 #2 by fishmad1234 (Craig Coyle)
I don't mind witch prize comes my way all about taking part.

Some great pictures well done to everyone who entered and voted

Regards
Craig

at the end of the day it becomes nite
Last edit: 06 Jul 2016 09:26 by fishmad1234 (Craig Coyle).

More
06 Jul 2016 11:30 #3 by Bill (Bill Hunter)
Congrats to all the winners. It was fun voting this month, the quality was very good across the board.
Bill

More
06 Jul 2016 11:41 #4 by Jonlate (Jon Late)
Thank you for all the votes, they were just point and snap photos with my phone, so you done need any fancy stuff to take them.
As for prizes I really only enter for the fun of it, as so many other people do.
What I would like to do is take the catappa leaves and donate them to John H for the fine work he does not only in running these competitions but the help he gives to us all each and every day. ( I am not sure if that is within the rules or not. But if the other winners agree can we bend them this month? )
So, thanks again for the votes, and well done to all that entered. Get snapping now so you are ready for the next one.

More
06 Jul 2016 12:01 #5 by JohnH (John)
That's a most generous gesture Jonlate, but (not wishing to appear ungrateful of it (the gesture) I feel it would not be at all appropriate for the prize to be donated to the 'organiser' - after all, I made three entries myself (each of which got no votes) on top of which I just ordered some last week.
So, thanks a million, but please - the prizes are for those who have earned them so you take which you elect to choose (and deserve).
Thanks again,

John

ITFS member.

More
06 Jul 2016 12:02 #6 by Dihanio (Paulie Hanlon)
I bloody missed the voting so I do apologize for that.

Congrats to the winners.

Personally, have no qualms with Jonlate accepting and donating the prize either

More
06 Jul 2016 13:21 #7 by robert (robert carter)
Me neither as without him we would be lost

More
06 Jul 2016 15:01 #8 by Eric (Eric Corcoran)
Congrats to all the winners. Great entrieso nce again. Very nice touch from Jonlate

Eric

More
06 Jul 2016 17:01 #9 by Jonlate (Jon Late)
So, John H, you seem to have been out voted!
If you don't want to accept them from me, that fine., but many here feel you should because of your hard work.
I only enter for the fun of it, so I will leave any prizes for the others to choose from.
By the way what was the prize left over from April?
Thanks again everyone for the votes, feel embarrassed now! ☺️

More
06 Jul 2016 17:56 #10 by helix8008 (Tomas Novak)
Congrats guys and thanks for votes :cool:

I will pass on prizes, its great to participate and keep forum active :)

Tom

More
06 Jul 2016 18:05 #11 by JohnH (John)

So, John H, you seem to have been out voted!
If you don't want to accept them from me, that fine., but many here feel you should because of your hard work.
I only enter for the fun of it, so I will leave any prizes for the others to choose from.
By the way what was the prize left over from April?
Thanks again everyone for the votes, feel embarrassed now! ☺️

I also enter only for the fun of 'taking part' - which suits me as I rarely get any votes for my snapshots anyway! (and by that reasoning I'm never disappointed).

I know I've said this before, but a] it really isn't hard work it just involves spending a bit of time and being retired, the one thing I have in abundance is time and b] Darragh is the main man here, he does all the technical stuff, I merely sit back and get most of the credit for his input.
So, hopefully that clears the prize issue up, I was still very touched by your gesture though Jonlate, but the prizes are for the winners so please accept your choice.

As to the 'leftover-from-April' prize, it was Homer's donation:

I will add 4 x 25 Litre water containers with caps to the prize fund!

Kev.

A very useful donation for one of you.

John

ITFS member.

More
06 Jul 2016 19:49 #12 by Jonlate (Jon Late)
In that case can I have 1 of the 25 liter containers with the lid. I don't need 4 but one might come in handy.
Just not sure how to get it from Kev, but one day our paths may cross.
The others can now chose what they want!
Thanks again all.

More
06 Jul 2016 20:06 #13 by fishmad1234 (Craig Coyle)
I'll take the Easy Care Profto fertiliser if that's ok.

Regards
Craig

at the end of the day it becomes nite

More
06 Jul 2016 20:14 #14 by robert (robert carter)
Hi Craig , just touch base with me to arrange collection . Great pictures by the way . Robert

More
06 Jul 2016 23:15 #15 by Sukahn (Shane Doorley)
Congrats to all the winners, i didn't get a chance to enter or to vote this time around but looking forward to next months L)

More
11 Jul 2016 17:15 #16 by ger310 (Ger .)
By reading the comments it looks like it's your address I need John.......PM me it and i'll pop them in the post before the weekend ok

Ger

What do you call a three legged Donkey?

A Wonkey....duh ha :)

Time to create page: 0.071 seconds