Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

Photo comp.

More
16 Feb 2017 10:41 #1 by Bill (Bill Hunter)
Just wondering if forum members are interested in re-starting the photo competition. The last two were a sad failure but maybe we can put that down to the hassle of approaching Christmas, then the excitement of going through Christmas. I thought that perhaps now that everything is settled we might start it up again.
Personally, I found it quite fun to enter, as I'm sure others did, also, it was great to see what people are keeping etc. It would be a shame if it was lost for ever.
Bill

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
16 Feb 2017 10:52 #2 by JohnH (John)
Replied by JohnH (John) on topic Photo comp.

Just wondering if forum members are interested in re-starting the photo competition. The last two were a sad failure but maybe we can put that down to the hassle of approaching Christmas, then the excitement of going through Christmas. I thought that perhaps now that everything is settled we might start it up again.
Personally, I found it quite fun to enter, as I'm sure others did, also, it was great to see what people are keeping etc. It would be a shame if it was lost for ever.
Bill

Not lost forever, Bill - just taking a bit of a hiatus. With so few active members nowadays it's hard to garner interest from just these few - and even harder to get enough votes to judge those entries.

John

We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl - year after year.

ITFS member.

It's a long way to Tipperary.

More
13 Mar 2017 14:52 #3 by fishmad1234 (Craig Coyle)
I would love to see the photo competition back up and running.

Regards
Craig

at the end of the day it becomes nite

More
16 Mar 2017 19:47 #4 by Lauris (Lauris)
Replied by Lauris (Lauris) on topic Photo comp.
I'm in :)

I am planted!

More
16 Mar 2017 21:54 #5 by iain54 (Iain Minchin)
Replied by iain54 (Iain Minchin) on topic Photo comp.
I'll be in I hope to have three tanks up and running by april

More
29 Mar 2017 09:39 - 29 Mar 2017 10:09 #6 by JohnH (John)
In almost six weeks we have had four positive comments.

As stated before, I'm quite happy to organise more, it just becomes so disheartening to only receive entries from two or three people. I cannot possibly ask Forum Sponsors to offer prizes for such poor turnouts.

But, for the benefit of the four who have expressed an interest we'll try a round for April, but with no prize (unless someone has an unwanted Aquatic item they would like to donate as a prize?).

I'll update this post later, but for now will just add that all the usual regs apply.

Let's see how this progresses.

John

Here is the link to the Rules and Conditions:

www.irishfishkeepers.com/forum/37-compet...rules-and-guidelines

Please do not submit any entries until April 1 and the closing date for entries will be midnight April 30.

As ever a new thread will be started at the commencement of the round but will be locked once the first entry has been received.

Just one other reminder (for now) that entries should be sent as an attachment to an email to:

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

and please add your Forum user-name.

Votes will be requested for the entries - once the round is completed. Please vote, it's almost as important as making an entry, too few votes can result in a poor representation of Forum members' views.

Good luck to all who participate.

ITFS member.

Last edit: 29 Mar 2017 10:09 by JohnH (John). Reason: Additional content added

More
29 Mar 2017 09:44 #7 by Lauris (Lauris)
Replied by Lauris (Lauris) on topic Photo comp.
Great to see movement on this.

Thank you John

I am planted!

More
29 Mar 2017 10:11 #8 by JohnH (John)

Great to see movement on this.

Thank you John

Let's just hope we get a worthwhile amount of entries, the more the merrier.

John

ITFS member.

More
29 Mar 2017 18:47 #9 by Bill (Bill Hunter)
Replied by Bill (Bill Hunter) on topic Photo comp.
In order to ensure interest I'll donate a few grams of live Glassworms.
Bill

More
29 Mar 2017 19:01 #10 by robert (robert carter)
Replied by robert (robert carter) on topic Photo comp.
Great , i will send in a couple of entries

More
29 Mar 2017 21:56 #11 by iain54 (Iain Minchin)
Replied by iain54 (Iain Minchin) on topic Photo comp.
Must trim my plants hehe

Time to create page: 0.054 seconds