Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

Hello Everyone!

More
25 Sep 2012 07:41 #1 by Finn86 (Paul Finnegan)
Hi everyone,

I'm new to the site and relatively new to fish keep keeping, 1 year experience. I absolutely love discus and I loved my own, but in their best interest i rehomed them, mainly because i didnt have time to feed them as much as they needed, and water changes most days after work took its toll, and the most important reason was i wasnt able to upgrade to a bigger tank which I had planned.

Sooooo, i set up a lake tanganyika tank which is in its early days but looking ok so far, its a 240 ltr, with 5 Neolamprologus leleupi ( lemon cichlid ) and 2 Julidochromis, all only youngsters ;)

Ive heard great things about this site so looking forward to having a browse through the forums :cheer:

Paul

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• stretnik (stretnik)
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
25 Sep 2012 07:54 #2 by stretnik (stretnik)
Replied by stretnik (stretnik) on topic Hello Everyone!
Hey Paul,

Welcome to the Site, enjoy your stay.

Here is a Video of my Tanganyikan setup from a few years back.

m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=5MZh2dUquaM&desk...%3D5MZh2dUquaM&gl=GB

Kev.

More
25 Sep 2012 07:56 #3 by sheag35 (Seamus Gillespie)
welcome and enjoy, look through the beginners section and cichlid section of the forum you'll find a lot of good info ther, if you dont see what you need ask, we're not a bad bunch here and we're all majorly fish mad, so feel at home and contribute
Seamus

Fishkeeping the Only way to get wet and wild

currently 25 tanks, and breeding is the aim of everything i keep

More
25 Sep 2012 08:31 #4 by Finn86 (Paul Finnegan)
Thats a really nice set up kev B)

I'll be sure to post some pics of mine very soon.

Paul

More
25 Sep 2012 08:33 #5 by Finn86 (Paul Finnegan)
Thanks Seamus,

As its only newly set up with the africans and finished its mini cycle a few days I'm sure i'll be picking at peoples brains.

Paul

More
25 Sep 2012 21:30 #6 by PAULHARTE25 (PAUL HARTE)
Hi Paul,welcome,I think this must be one of the most friendly sites out there,got me out of so much trouble more times than I can remember....lol,everybody is so helpful here,a really great bunch,looking forward to pics of your setup

Paul

More
25 Sep 2012 23:52 #7 by sheag35 (Seamus Gillespie)
hi leleupi26 heres a link to my old setup of tanganyikans, so i know where your going enjoy them great fish

More
27 Sep 2012 15:46 #8 by Finn86 (Paul Finnegan)
That tank is amazing B) what size is it? even with a 240ltr i find it to small :( lol.

More
27 Sep 2012 18:52 #9 by sheag35 (Seamus Gillespie)
its 800l run with an fx5 and eheim bucket filter with 1 x 500w & 1 x 300w heaters

More
16 Oct 2012 12:02 #10 by jeff (Jeff Scully)
Replied by jeff (Jeff Scully) on topic Hello Everyone!
Welcome along paul

Where the tongue slips, it speaks the truth.

A life making mistakes is not only more honourable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing at all.

Time to create page: 0.048 seconds