Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

Hi Eveyone...

More
30 May 2013 18:36 - 30 May 2013 19:56 #1 by jhef (jhef)
Hi Eveyone... was created by jhef (jhef)
hi everyone,i'm Jhef, i am keeping a simple aquarium for at least a year now but am planning to make a community tank. i don't have enough idea on which or what kind of fish should i put together.
Right now i have a silver dollar fish, parrot fish and green Arowana. am keeping them in 4ft tank.
i hope you could help me guys and one thing more i decided to join Irish Fish Keepers because i want to improve my ideas and knowledge regarding putting up a new set up of aquarium...either marine or tropical.
tnx
Attachments:
Last edit: 30 May 2013 19:56 by jhef (jhef).

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
30 May 2013 19:20 #2 by JohnH (John)
Replied by JohnH (John) on topic Hi Eveyone...
Jhef, welcome along.
Please be warned - you will be asked for pictures of your fish and tank, so get snapping.

John

We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl - year after year.

ITFS member.

It's a long way to Tipperary.

More
30 May 2013 20:41 #3 by ger310 (Ger .)
Replied by ger310 (Ger .) on topic Hi Eveyone...
Welcome along Jhef,nice looking Arowana.....Would love to see a full tank photo if possible?

Ger

What do you call a three legged Donkey?

A Wonkey....duh ha :)

More
30 May 2013 20:59 #4 by Shane (Shane Faulkner)
Welcome along, lads here are very helpful

More
30 May 2013 21:56 #5 by jhef (jhef)
Replied by jhef (jhef) on topic Hi Eveyone...
Hi guys, am trying to put up more photos but having trouble in uploading pictures.
i will always try uploading as soon as possible.
tnx

More
31 May 2013 09:41 #6 by Ski (Alan McGee)
Replied by Ski (Alan McGee) on topic Hi Eveyone...
Welcome jhef. Lovely arowana. Are you planning on upgrading the tank for him? When you do you'll have a lot more options of fish you can put in with him

• MichaeLO (MichaeLO)
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
02 Jun 2013 10:23 #7 by MichaeLO (MichaeLO)
Replied by MichaeLO (MichaeLO) on topic Hi Eveyone...
sup Jeff... :cool:

More
02 Jun 2013 10:59 #8 by dannyb (Daniel Byrne)
Replied by dannyb (Daniel Byrne) on topic Hi Eveyone...
Welcome along pal, its a great site and you will find answers to all your questions here, im only new myself and found it very helpful for information

More
02 Jun 2013 14:23 #9 by ghart (Greg Hart)
Replied by ghart (Greg Hart) on topic Hi Eveyone...
Welcome Jhef.
Plenty of advice and help on the forum.
Do post more photos for your setup.

Greg

More
06 Jun 2013 19:44 - 06 Jun 2013 20:15 #10 by jhef (jhef)
Replied by jhef (jhef) on topic Hi Eveyone...
hi guys, here is my complete set up of my tank.
hope you can give some advice or suggestions to improve my tank.
tnx
:hammer:
Last edit: 06 Jun 2013 20:15 by jhef (jhef).

More
10 Jun 2013 11:57 #11 by Ian (Anthony Ramirez)
Replied by Ian (Anthony Ramirez) on topic Hi Eveyone...
Great set-up Jhef, the hooks looks happy there now. I'm just worried that your anubias will turn to food for the redhooks if the SDs dont like them. Overall great looking tank - you may need to upgrade in 6 months time to get the full growth potential for the Green Arowana.

Fishkeeping CV: Co-founded, 1st President of the only surviving Fishkeeping Club (Accredited by Dept. of Fisheries) in the Philippines (mypalhs.com). I have mostly reared tropicals - Arowanas and monster fishes. My oldest arowana is 13years old (died in a tropical storm). Ive since reared a Black,...

More
10 Jun 2013 14:27 #12 by fishmad1234 (Craig Coyle)
hello and welcome :)

regards craig

at the end of the day it becomes nite

More
19 Jun 2013 20:38 #13 by jeff (Jeff Scully)
Replied by jeff (Jeff Scully) on topic Hi Eveyone...
hey man welcome to the forum

Where the tongue slips, it speaks the truth.

A life making mistakes is not only more honourable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing at all.

Time to create page: 0.061 seconds