Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

New to forum and all forums.(technophobe)

More
05 Aug 2014 20:12 #1 by Urboydel (Derek Hanratty)
Thanks john this is this forum I've joined.
I have no intentions of abusing anyone on the forum. I just want to learn a few things about fish keeping I don't already know. I have 600 ltr freshwater aquarium at the minute with a tiger oscar, jaguar cichlid, green Texas, salvini, green severum, convict female, pleco, yellow algae eater, syndontis catfish, red tail shark, silver arowana, 2 peacocks and 2 bala sharks. I'm go on holidays at the end of the mounth and when I come back I'm planing on setting up a aquascaped Assam snakehead tank and hopefully breeding them. So I'll be looking for assams in Ireland but I've sourced some in England if can't get them here. I'm also planing to build a big plywood aquarium over the winter to keep busy in my garage for some monsters maybe if the girlfriend doesn't kill me first. I'm not rushing it's just a project for me. Well that's my story I'll post some pics of tank on group.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
05 Aug 2014 23:06 #2 by Jim (Jim Lawlor)
Welcome to the forum - would love to see that tank when you get back from holidays!

More
06 Aug 2014 09:55 #3 by Ski (Alan McGee)
Welcome Urboydel. Nice aro

More
06 Aug 2014 10:12 #4 by Urboydel (Derek Hanratty)
Cheers ski. Yea I love him, he's class growing fast inch a mounth took to cichlid pellets straight away when I got him. I'm having a bit of trouble putting up more pics can you help ?

More
06 Aug 2014 10:17 #5 by irish-zx10r (James feenan)
Hi and welcome that's nice setup and fish make sure to post plenty of photos and with a big tank like yours a video would be nice
All the best
James

Irish-zx10r

Something fishie going on here

More
06 Aug 2014 11:02 #6 by JohnH (John)

Cheers ski. Yea I love him, he's class growing fast inch a mounth took to cichlid pellets straight away when I got him. I'm having a bit of trouble putting up more pics can you help ?

Refer to this tutorial:

www.irishfishkeepers.com/index.php?optio...id=106751&Itemid=200

John

We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl - year after year.

ITFS member.

It's a long way to Tipperary.

More
06 Aug 2014 11:03 #7 by Ski (Alan McGee)
The pics have to be under a certain size. There's a thread on the forum that gives instructions.

I find it easier just to take a vid, put it up on youtube and then post the link here.

More
06 Aug 2014 12:11 #8 by Urboydel (Derek Hanratty)
Thanks I'll try it later. I'll get the hang of this soon. :hammer:

More
06 Aug 2014 19:37 #9 by paulv (paul vickers)
Hello and welcome to the forum. Your keeping my kind of fish, big with even bigger personality. My silver aro is almost 2ft long, keep us updated with pics.

More
06 Aug 2014 20:11 #10 by Urboydel (Derek Hanratty)
Thanks will do. Is that your golden snakehead on your profile ?

More
07 Aug 2014 08:20 #11 by paulv (paul vickers)
Ye thats my snakehead in my profile pic, sadly she died last year. She smashed into the glass and im guessing cracked her skull, I kept her going for 2 months but lost her in the end. Im following up on a lead john gave me for a replacement. Check out my member section for some pics pics.

More
07 Aug 2014 17:03 #12 by Urboydel (Derek Hanratty)
That's a pity paulv love a golden snakehead or channa pulchra. But my spare tank only 100 ltr so I'm gona go Assam snakehead. Hopefully I can pick a few up til they pair up and keep a pair and breed. Can't wait to aquascape the tank after my holiday for them. Don't know what I'm looking ford to more goin on holiday or coming back to get the snakehead tank goin. I'll check them pics cheers.

Time to create page: 0.064 seconds