Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

Hey guys

More
30 Oct 2014 02:03 #1 by Sukahn (Shane Doorley)
Hey everyone,

My name is Shane and I'm based in galway city and about to delve feet first into marine fish keeping.

I should be getting my first tank tomorrow which i ordered from the new seahorse store here in galway and really looking forward to it. I bought a fluval M90 after reading a few reviews online about it and Charles seeing one up in store which looks amazing. I'll start a post on my new tank onei start unpacking it lol.

Looking forward to chatting with you all and getting points and tips to help me start.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
30 Oct 2014 10:40 #2 by Dihanio (Paulie Hanlon)
Replied by Dihanio (Paulie Hanlon) on topic Hey guys
Welcome man, and best of luck with it

Paul

More
30 Oct 2014 21:36 #3 by Kmd (Keith mc donagh)
Replied by Kmd (Keith mc donagh) on topic Hey guys
Welcome aboard, good to have another marine fish keeper in galway :) :)

More
05 Nov 2014 04:55 #4 by Sukahn (Shane Doorley)
Replied by Sukahn (Shane Doorley) on topic Hey guys
Thanks Paul

More
05 Nov 2014 04:58 #5 by Sukahn (Shane Doorley)
Thanks kmd,

I've just started with the help of Charles and Raf in seahorse. Got the tank up and running and filled with 15kgs of live rock and 10kgs of live sand so looking forward to what the next few weeks bring ☺

More
05 Nov 2014 10:10 #6 by irish-zx10r (James feenan)
Replied by irish-zx10r (James feenan) on topic Hey guys
Hi and welcome looking forward to more posts and photos on your new setup make sure to post plenty of photos

Something fishie going on here

More
05 Nov 2014 10:20 #7 by Sukahn (Shane Doorley)
Will do mate, I'll post up a few pics over the next while and have just started a topic in marine equipment sub forum.

More
05 Nov 2014 10:26 #8 by Ski (Alan McGee)
Replied by Ski (Alan McGee) on topic Hey guys
Welcome Shane

More
05 Nov 2014 10:33 #9 by paulv (paul vickers)
Replied by paulv (paul vickers) on topic Hey guys
Welcome to the forum Shane. If you're ever in Dublin you should visit seahorse and seevthe 11ft marinetank they have there.

More
05 Nov 2014 12:55 #10 by Esoxluciouss (denis goulding)
Welcome and best of luck

More
23 Nov 2014 05:21 #11 by irish-zx10r (James feenan)
Replied by irish-zx10r (James feenan) on topic Hey guys
welcome to the forum looking forward to seeing plenty of photos of your setup as you progress through out the year
not that there is much left of this one lol

Something fishie going on here

Time to create page: 0.055 seconds