Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

hi everyone

More
15 Mar 2015 22:25 #1 by beany78 (Gavin Carroll)
My name is Gavin I am only starting to get into this wonderful hobby I have no tank yet I need to learn a bit more before I get one so I think I am in the right place for advice thanks guys

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
15 Mar 2015 23:58 #2 by carlowchris (chris)
Replied by carlowchris (chris) on topic hi everyone
Welcome gavin.......where are you located????just asking cause you never know another forum member could turn out to live close by and clise by help and advice is always great

And any perticular type of tank your thinking of setting up????

what ever it is there are some great guys on here with some great advice

More
16 Mar 2015 01:04 #3 by Esoxluciouss (denis goulding)
Welcome. The group has oceans of experience. So ask , ask and ask again

More
16 Mar 2015 07:47 #4 by Fishowner (Gavin fishowner)
Welcome along.Good to see another Gavin!! What kind of fish are you thinking of keeping.Ask lots of questions as we are all here to help out.Everyone one of us had a first tank at some point,90% didn't wait to learn either so your already impressing!
Gavin

More
16 Mar 2015 08:53 #5 by beany78 (Gavin Carroll)
Replied by beany78 (Gavin Carroll) on topic hi everyone
Hi guys im from birr co.offaly and I hope to get a 3ft tank to start with and keep tropical fish its a hobby I always wanted to get into and now I have a space in my living room for a tank so happy days ahead for me

More
16 Mar 2015 09:37 #6 by ceech (Desmond Gaynor)
Replied by ceech (Desmond Gaynor) on topic hi everyone
Welcome Gavin ask all the questions you can and no question is too stupid , its only stupid not to ask the question in the first place :-)

More
16 Mar 2015 11:34 #7 by LemonJelly (Johnny Cowley)
3 foot is a good size to start with; big enough to give you some possibilities but not so big as to be too much hard work. And alot of people make the mistake of starting with a very small tank. Welcome to the forum.

"The only thing that burns in Hell is the part of you that won't let go of your life; your memories, your attachments. They burn them all away. But they're not punishing you.They're freeing your soul."

More
17 Mar 2015 09:08 #8 by Sukahn (Shane Doorley)
Replied by Sukahn (Shane Doorley) on topic hi everyone
Welcome to the forums mate.

I'm originally from banagher Co Offaly but live in galway now. My dad is a tropical fish keeper and goes down every week so if you ever needed anything delivered he could always do it for ya lol. I keep marine but know everything about my dad's tanks lol.

3 foot is a great start, there is alot to choose from in that size without breaking the bank.

Hope you enjoy your new venture, just ask for help and there is usually always someone that has gone through it.

More
18 Mar 2015 19:50 #9 by Goldilocks (Noeleen E.)
Replied by Goldilocks (Noeleen E.) on topic hi everyone
Welcome. I had no tank either when I first joined here. Now I have a fab 120 litre Tropical & a 37 Litre Betta tank.

The guys here have been a fantastic help especially when I ran into a few issues.

More
18 Mar 2015 20:48 #10 by irish-zx10r (James feenan)

Welcome to the forums mate.

I'm originally from banagher Co Offaly but live in galway now. My dad is a tropical fish keeper and goes down every week so if you ever needed anything delivered he could always do it for ya lol. I keep marine but know everything about my dad's tanks lol.

3 foot is a great start, there is alot to choose from in that size without breaking the bank.

Hope you enjoy your new venture, just ask for help and there is usually always someone that has gone through it.

I am from cloghan went to school in banagher now living outside tullamore you are right ask plenty questions Gavin that way you won't make the mistakes we maid John is another local to,the there of us

Something fishie going on here

Time to create page: 0.058 seconds