Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

hi fishkeepers ,

More
02 Dec 2015 17:28 #1 by robert (robert carter)
hi all ,glad to finally join this forum . a little bit of my fishkeeping history . 20 years ago I had 9 tanks mix of tropical and cold water ,ditched the tanks for a small koi pond ,then a much bigger pond 5000 gals ,then 3 years ago downsized the pond to a 1000gal pond but even though I say so I have some very nice koi . last xmas my wife brought me a 112 litre tropical tank ,3 months ago sold that and brought a350 litre tank and really enjoying being back with a big tank . cant believe how things have changed in the tank scene its like learning it all over again ,anyway its great to be back . thanks Robert

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
02 Dec 2015 17:58 #2 by Eric (Eric Corcoran)
Welcome along Robert

Eric

More
02 Dec 2015 18:13 #3 by ger310 (Ger .)
Replied by ger310 (Ger .) on topic hi fishkeepers ,
Welcome Robert.......What's in the 350L?

What do you call a three legged Donkey?

A Wonkey....duh ha :)

More
02 Dec 2015 18:57 #4 by robert (robert carter)
water and fish ha ha , seriously community tank angels , tiger barbs , various gouramis. cardinals, rummynose , flame teteras, loads of catfish ,clown loaches , don't scream at me but about 100 fish of 16 different species . filteration is aqua one cf1200 external and 3 interal power filters ,hoping to replace the internal filters with a cristal profit e1500 if santa comes . ammonia zero ,nitrite zero .nitrate 12.5ppm .feeding spectrum growth .5 mm pellets plus wafers at night . :laugh:

More
02 Dec 2015 19:45 #5 by ger310 (Ger .)
Replied by ger310 (Ger .) on topic hi fishkeepers ,

water and fish ha ha , seriously community tank angels , tiger barbs , various gouramis. cardinals, rummynose , flame teteras, loads of catfish ,clown loaches , don't scream at me but about 100 fish of 16 different species . filteration is aqua one cf1200 external and 3 interal power filters ,hoping to replace the internal filters with a cristal profit e1500 if santa comes . ammonia zero ,nitrite zero .nitrate 12.5ppm .feeding spectrum growth .5 mm pellets plus wafers at night . :laugh:

nice mix.......but Tiger Barbs and some Gourami's have driven me mad in the past!!!....I know loads of people (probably like your self) that keep them with no issues but I had always issues with them fin nipping,especially when I kept them with Angels.........but like so many set ups though I think it's just pot luck a lot of the time when mixing certain fish together.

A few pics or even a video would be nice dude

Ger

What do you call a three legged Donkey?

A Wonkey....duh ha :)

More
02 Dec 2015 20:09 #6 by helix8008 (Tomas Novak)
Welcome Rober, nice set up you have there.

Tom

More
02 Dec 2015 20:49 #7 by anthonyd (Anthony Debesne)
Welcome to the forum Robert :)

More
03 Dec 2015 04:06 #8 by paulv (paul vickers)
Welcome along Robert. I'm waiting for my sons to get big enough to dig me a pond and keep koi.

More
03 Dec 2015 12:28 #9 by robert (robert carter)
re tiger barbs and gouramis ,I have a 8 tiger they were a bit aggressive for the first day or two but now harmony is restored in the tank . as for pictures not at all computer literate so if someone could talk me through it in layman terms I certainly would try a few pistures . on another note my dog a jack Russell spent endless time watching the tank she seams to particually like the albino cats , does anyone else have a pet that loves their tank . Robert

More
03 Dec 2015 12:46 #10 by JohnH (John)
Replied by JohnH (John) on topic hi fishkeepers ,

re tiger barbs and gouramis ,I have a 8 tiger they were a bit aggressive for the first day or two but now harmony is restored in the tank . as for pictures not at all computer literate so if someone could talk me through it in layman terms I certainly would try a few pistures . on another note my dog a jack Russell spent endless time watching the tank she seams to particually like the albino cats , does anyone else have a pet that loves their tank . Robert

www.irishfishkeepers.com/index.php?optio...id=106751&Itemid=200

We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl - year after year.

ITFS member.

It's a long way to Tipperary.

More
03 Dec 2015 23:34 #11 by irish-zx10r (James feenan)
Hello and welcome

Something fishie going on here

More
11 Dec 2015 20:10 #12 by robert (robert carter)
pic of tank

More
11 Dec 2015 20:29 #13 by robert (robert carter)
hi have spent some time trying to post some photos ,problem appears that they are all coming out at 3 or 4 gb and will not load . any help please

Time to create page: 0.053 seconds