Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

Entroducing......

More
19 Nov 2016 18:53 #1 by Cory_n00b (peter edge)
Hi Everyone,

I am based in Dalkey Dublin, and work in the city for one of the nations biggest utility providers indirectly via an Indian consultancy firm. I am from the North West of England originally but have lived in the french alps, the south of England, Ireland, hell even the canal banks of the UK for a brief period when I was homeless, I digress!

My other hobbies include snowboarding, downhill mountain biking and being a bedroom DJ. I have had a fascination with fish from a very early age, all my uncles fault, he has bred unique species of angelfish, imported 'charlie' the first ever electric knife fish in the UK I believe and currently has a 400litre tank that houses but 3 fish, a 36 year old blue eyed plec and the biggest pair of clown loaches I've seen.

I have a small 70 litre tank that comes with a tale of warning about going to pet shops half asleep and not paying attention to what the staff are bagging up versus what you actually asked for, someone point me in the right direction and I will share the tale later along with some pics of my modest setup.

I am currently planning to keep Corydoras but have the two neon tetras and one rasbora of the two that I originally introduced to the tank due to their hardiness and wanting to make sure my ecosystem was correctly set up. The lost one I think may have been a victim of bullying by the fellow I felt obliged to introduce even though I knew was not compatible, as, equally knew transporting back to the shop would be too much stress and ultimately result in its untimely demise.

Anyhoo that's about me for now, any questions fire away.

I am currently reading; 'Tracey Thorn - Naked at the Albert Hall', 'Terry Pratchett - The Shepherd's Crown' and 'Dr Warren E. Burgess - Colored atlas of miniature catfish'

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
20 Nov 2016 08:52 #2 by hammie (Neil Hammerton)
Sounds like something I might have written.....
Except I work for a small Irish firm not big firm now lol
Welcome aboard
Start creating more space, this hobby takes over!

More
20 Nov 2016 13:45 #3 by Bill (Bill Hunter)
Welcome, Cory, look forward to hearing more.
Bill

More
20 Nov 2016 14:11 #4 by Jonlate (Jon Late)
You forgot the line at the end
"And I am a fish-o-holic"

As long as the firm you work for is nothing to do with water meters, then welcome along, and yes, please post photos.

More
20 Nov 2016 16:25 #5 by robert (robert carter)
Welcome aboard

More
20 Nov 2016 17:58 #6 by Eric (Eric Corcoran)
Welcome along. Plenty of great advice etc from the group here. It's a great forum

Eric

More
20 Nov 2016 22:44 #7 by joe10 (joe nolan)
Replied by joe10 (joe nolan) on topic Entroducing......
Welcome to the forum cory always plenty of help and advice when ever its needed

Time to create page: 0.048 seconds