Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

hello All

More
15 Jan 2017 21:06 - 15 Jan 2017 21:12 #1 by irish-zx10r (James feenan)
first i want to say happy new year to everyone even though its a bit late,
first question where have i been, unfortunately the last few months have not being
good to us at home, my girlfriend was first diagnosed with type 2 diabetics then one month later type 1 things have being pretty stressful which lead to me getting very bad shingles. just before christmas eve i started to feel better and my girlfriend was beginning to manage the diabetics a little better. The kids had a great christmas so all was looking good for the new year untill a few days ago, first i had a problem with the light unit then my pump on the eheim started to play up i got both fixed after few hours of stress in the meantime all my fish were going crazy trying to breed including my female red terror even though she had no male partner this is where things came to a very bad ending, i found her dead in the tank with a few big pieces of bog oak knocked over her belly was full of eggs so i am not sure if she knocked it over or what had happened. it is hard to believe after all my work that it had to end this way, but hopefully my luck might change soon. what next i might change the setup and sell off my fish and start over again or go on the hunt of another male and female red terror either ways i hope things get better. as they say watch this space for updates

james

Something fishie going on here
Last edit: 15 Jan 2017 21:12 by irish-zx10r (James feenan).

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
15 Jan 2017 21:46 #2 by robert (robert carter)
Replied by robert (robert carter) on topic hello All
Hi sorry to here your bad news , we were similar the last few months with health issues , and although things arnt any better now we are just getting to dealing with them . I know your red terrors were very much your pride and joy, i dont know anything about them so cant give any real input . I reckon it might be easier to try and get a replacement for the one you lost . Its a new year so lets hope it better than the last . Chin up and as my dad use to say onwards and upwards . Take care .Robert

More
16 Jan 2017 06:26 #3 by gunnered72 (Eddy Gunnered)
Very sorry to hear about all your troubles...

Best of luck with whatever you decide...

Above all look after yourselves...Your health is your wealth after all...

A change is as good as a rest....I always find that a new setup invigorates not only the interest in the hobby but it lifts the spirits as well...

Maybe just keep all you existing fish and rescape the tank....Either way take your time and enjoy every minute of it....Building new setups is the best part of our hobby...And when you take your time and do things right its amazingly stress relieving and therapeutic...

Take care of yourselves...

More
20 Jan 2017 13:01 #4 by irish-zx10r (James feenan)
thanks lads yes a change would be good i would like something different
peacock bass or few young red terrors to grow out. It has being on my mind to go back
and do a setup with malawi cichlids my main problem at the minute is money medical expenses never come cheap

Something fishie going on here

Time to create page: 0.041 seconds