Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

hello everyone

More
07 Jan 2008 21:54 #1 by thedon (timothy cronin)
hello
my name is timmy and i work in petstop cork with my main duties the fish and reptile section.how is everyone

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
07 Jan 2008 22:16 #2 by Acara (Dave Walters)
Welcome aboard mate.
Havn't been that far yet,but will get down at some stage.I live 15min walk from your Blanch shop.
Do you keep anything,or is working with them all day enough?!

Dave

always on the lookout for interesting corys.pm me if you know off any!

More
07 Jan 2008 22:22 #3 by Darkrin (Damien Kane)
Hiya Timmy!!!

Glad to see you here mate!!

Damien.;)
Petstop Dublin.

More
07 Jan 2008 22:24 #4 by thedon (timothy cronin)
yup i'm here ya i keep alot of reptiles myself and have a community tank and a coffee table tank of cichlids.

More
07 Jan 2008 22:28 #5 by Pauly (Paul Mulvaney)
Hi timmy, yeah I live in Dublin too so not likely to visit anytime soon! sounds like my ideal job but then again, I used to be a mechanic and my car was in bits! The last thing I'd want to do after work was start working on my own car!! Do you keep any fish??????

• Valerie (Valerie)
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
08 Jan 2008 01:07 #6 by Valerie (Valerie)
Replied by Valerie (Valerie) on topic Re:hello everyone
Hi Thedon,

Welcome to the forum :-)

Valerie

• Didihno (Didihno)
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
08 Jan 2008 10:05 #7 by Didihno (Didihno)
Replied by Didihno (Didihno) on topic Re:hello everyone
[southparktimmyvoice] TIMMY!! [/southparktimmyvoice]

Sorry, had to.
Welcome Timmy, best of luck with the shop!

More
08 Jan 2008 11:24 #8 by Dub (Glen Coughlan)
Whats up Timmy:woohoo: Welcome onborad.Great site keep up the good work:woohoo: :woohoo:

Time to create page: 0.045 seconds