Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

Hi

More
08 Jan 2008 21:22 #1 by Tunes145 (Tuna Yoney)
Hi was created by Tunes145 (Tuna Yoney)
Hello everyone

I have just joined to the society , thought give a quick shout.

My name is Tony and I live in Dublin. I have a Juwel lido 120 liter aquarium for about 6 weeks. I used to keep fish till I was 15 and finally last year november I got my hands on again. I am so happy to set up a tropical fish tank.

At the moment I have 3 black veil angles and 4 honey red gouramis and 1 red tail black shark. Equipment vise there is a juwel internal filter and a tetratec ex700 extrnal filter also moonlight to keep a dramatic effect.

I set my sights on black ghost knife fish(that's why I bought the moon lights) as my next top exotic fish.

Just to say hi again to all members, looking forward to contribute more!

Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
08 Jan 2008 21:40 #2 by steven (steven)
Replied by steven (steven) on topic Re:Hi
Welcome Tony loads of great info and advice here and always a bargain or 2 to be had in the for sale section, any contributions made would be great its always nice to see members returning to the hobby, you should post some pics if you get the time.

Cheers Steven

Treat every day like your last, some day it will be??

More
08 Jan 2008 22:08 #3 by tanks_alot (Denis Coghlan)
Replied by tanks_alot (Denis Coghlan) on topic Re:Hi
Hello and welcome

By the way, Great choice of external filters! I've had once since they came on the market and it has never caused me an problems!

Denis

Lead me not into temptation, For I can find it myself!

More
08 Jan 2008 22:39 #4 by Acara (Dave Walters)
Replied by Acara (Dave Walters) on topic Re:Hi
Welcome aboard mate.
Where abouts are you based??A couple of good clubs in Dublin,1 in Harolds Cross,the other in Artane.Pop along,I was never a 'club type',but its all good craic.Theres an open day in Petstop Blanchardstown this Saturday,come along and meet some of the lads.
Before you know it you'll have a house full of tanks!!

Dave

always on the lookout for interesting corys.pm me if you know off any!

• pierce (pierce)
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
08 Jan 2008 23:33 #5 by pierce (pierce)
Replied by pierce (pierce) on topic Re:Hi
welcome to the forum were you based in dublin northside or darkside

• Valerie (Valerie)
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
09 Jan 2008 00:14 #6 by Valerie (Valerie)
Replied by Valerie (Valerie) on topic Re:Hi
Hi Tunes145!

Welcome back to the fish keeping scene and welcome to the forum ! :-)

Hope you enjoy the forum!

Valerie

• Didihno (Didihno)
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
09 Jan 2008 09:34 #7 by Didihno (Didihno)
Replied by Didihno (Didihno) on topic Re:Hi
Welcome Tony!
BGKF are fantastic, but can be hard to keep alive.
I'm still not sure why mine ided, I'm thinking it was the Ph of the water.
Do some research and make sure you can keep this fish in near to itsideal conditions before you go wasting money!!!

If only I could follow that advice.

More
09 Jan 2008 12:24 #8 by goldy (goldy .)
Replied by goldy (goldy .) on topic Re:Hi
hi Tony and welcome to the forum. Nice to have you along. Looking forward to seeing any pictures you might have. Enjoy

Nessa

More
09 Jan 2008 18:08 #9 by Tunes145 (Tuna Yoney)
Replied by Tunes145 (Tuna Yoney) on topic Re:Hi
Hey everyone,

Thanks for all your warm welcome.

I live in Dublin 8 close to South circular road. Am not sure if it's the darkside but certainly not North.

Thanks on the advice for BGKF and actually do research before buying it. Should test and check the p.h and ammonia levels first.

By the way I found the ITFS's website very ease to use and beneficial, so really glad about it.

I will shortly put some pics of my tank.

Thanks

Time to create page: 0.046 seconds