Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

Hello

More
15 Jan 2008 16:05 #1 by Dobarchu (Adrian Redican)
Hi All,

I only found this fourm today. I haven't had an aquarium before. I'm currently setting up a Vision 260 with an external Eheim filter, I'm setting it up as a planted tank for tropical, I'm hoping to get it through a fishless cycle over the next few weeks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Valerie (Valerie)
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
15 Jan 2008 17:04 #2 by Valerie (Valerie)
Replied by Valerie (Valerie) on topic Re:Hello
Hi Dobarchu,

Welcome to the forum.
Plenty of information here re. setting up tanks and cycling them.

If you have any queries, please let us know and we'll try to help :)

Valerie

More
15 Jan 2008 18:25 #3 by Cardnim (Andrew Hanley)
Replied by Cardnim (Andrew Hanley) on topic Re:Hello
Hi & welcome to the site :)
Have you removed the internal filter from the Juwel tank?

More
15 Jan 2008 18:30 #4 by Peter OB (Peter O'Brien)
Replied by Peter OB (Peter O'Brien) on topic Re:Hello
Welcome to the forum. Nice size tank to start off with.

Best of Luck.

Smoke me a Kipper, I’ll be back for breakfast.

• pierce (pierce)
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
15 Jan 2008 21:21 #5 by pierce (pierce)
Replied by pierce (pierce) on topic Re:Hello
Hi Dobarchu welcome to the forum

More
16 Jan 2008 10:27 #6 by Dobarchu (Adrian Redican)
Replied by Dobarchu (Adrian Redican) on topic Re:Hello

Have you removed the internal filter from the Juwel tank?

Yep, took it off with a carving knife, just like the nursery rhyme :P I set up the tank between my sitting room and dining room, the stand and tank are in my dining room but most of the back is visible from the sitting room except for a 200mm strip on one side where the hoses are hidden. I'll post some photos when it clears up a bit, it's a bit cloudy at the moment after doing the planting, but it seems to be slowly clearing up.

More
16 Jan 2008 15:10 - 16 Jan 2008 15:13 #7 by Dub (Glen Coughlan)
Replied by Dub (Glen Coughlan) on topic Re:Hello
Whats up manB) Welcome to a Top Site!!!!!.And so of the best fish keepers in ireland..Great tank to start off it!!!! Best of luck with it!!!!. What kind of fish r u thinking of because i have good quaity convict fry here 1\".:P
Last edit: 16 Jan 2008 15:13 by Dub (Glen Coughlan).

More
16 Jan 2008 18:14 #8 by Dobarchu (Adrian Redican)
Replied by Dobarchu (Adrian Redican) on topic Re:Hello

What kind of fish r u thinking of because i have good quaity convict fry here 1\".

The jurys still out, I was thinking of some cardinals and some tiger barbs and maybe 1 or 2 cats.

More
16 Jan 2008 23:49 #9 by platty252 (Darren Dalton)
Replied by platty252 (Darren Dalton) on topic Re:Hello
Welcome Dobarchu.
Great idea dividing the rooms with the tank.
It always looks cool.

Time to create page: 0.057 seconds