Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

Hello

More
26 Jan 2008 11:08 #1 by LimerickBandit (Donal Doran)
Hi

I have been keeping fish for a couple of years now click on the link below to see some of them.

www.snaque.com/Pets/fish.html

Regards
Donal

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Valerie (Valerie)
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
26 Jan 2008 11:36 #2 by Valerie (Valerie)
Replied by Valerie (Valerie) on topic Re:Hello
Hi LimerickBandit/Donal,

Welcome to the forum. :-)
Thank you for sharing your pictures with us. They are some very nice ones. Do you have all these in the same tank ?
What is this little frog ? - it's really cute !

Thanks.
Valerie

More
26 Jan 2008 13:15 #3 by LimerickBandit (Donal Doran)
Hi Valerie

Yes all my fish are in a 120l tank
Im not too sure what type of frog this is but sadly they didn’t survive
Im hoping to start planting my tank with some live plants soon
So I thought I would try here for some advice

Regards
Donal

More
26 Jan 2008 15:45 #4 by MonsterFish (Monster Fish)
Replied by MonsterFish (Monster Fish) on topic Re:Hello
Some nice pictures there Donal.

The frogs are African dwarf frogs I believe.
They would make a good choice for a small dedicated tank. You can keep half a dozen or so in a two foot tank and they can even be bred. Unfortunately they dont often last long in community tanks as they struggle to compete for food.

Welcome to the forum, Live plants aren't really my forte but I'm sure a few people here will be able to help you. Enjoy.

More
26 Jan 2008 22:26 #5 by Dub (Glen Coughlan)
Replied by Dub (Glen Coughlan) on topic Re:Hello
Whats Up Man!!!!!! Wellcome on board the forum..Great siteB) With some great fish keepers...

More
28 Jan 2008 11:51 #6 by goldy (goldy .)
Replied by goldy (goldy .) on topic Re:Hello
hi limerickbandid and welcome to the forum. nice pictures. I believe monsterfish is right you have a dwarf frog they dont get very big but yes they can be bred. They are great to watch as they are quick divils. enjoy the frog spawn. by the way i am frog mad.

any way welcome along

nessa

Time to create page: 0.042 seconds