Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

hi everyone

More
04 Jun 2008 23:59 #1 by PAULHARTE25 (PAUL HARTE)
hi everyone,i'm paul,joined the forum about a month ago,only just seen this section now,bought a rekord 70 about three months ago and have gradually stocked it with five platys,four zebra danios(crazy fish)four mollies(two dalmation,two lovely deep orange&yellow),five glowlight tetras and a common pleco,i know this is probably overstocked but all seem happy,i do a 20 to 30% water change every week,on the lookout for a bigger tank,maybe 180-200 litre,if anyone knows where theres one reasonably priced please let me know,i think three of my four female platys are pregnant so will keep the smaller tank as a maternity ward,never thought i'd have much interest in an aquarium,even though i always liked them,but now that i've got one i just want more and more,cant wait to have a bigger tank with a few more nice fish in it,
I'm living in galway but havn't got out to aquapaws yet,does anyone know if they're open late any evening,have read a lot of good things on this forum about them,
love the forum,really helped me out a few weeks ago when i had a problem with what i think was just very poor guppies that died within a few days of putting them into the tank,thanks to everyone that helped me out,
thats about it for now,although i'm sure you'll here plenty more from me in the future,still learning(probably will be for a long time)

thanks

Paul

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
05 Jun 2008 00:49 #2 by sheag35 (Seamus Gillespie)
Hi Paul,
six o'clock is when they close but are open 7 days a week incl. bank hols, they do fantastic fish and tanks etc at great prices, drop into Gavin or Peter and they'll see you right, tell them i told you to call and to look after you, they're also sponsors and member of connaught fishkeeping society join us at our next meeting its fun and a great extension to the hobby...ps welcome to the forum
Seamus

Fishkeeping the Only way to get wet and wild

currently 25 tanks, and breeding is the aim of everything i keep

More
05 Jun 2008 08:48 #3 by PAULHARTE25 (PAUL HARTE)
Thanks seamus,tried to make the last meeting,just got tied up trying to organise holidays,will definitely make the next one,will also get out to gavin and peter at the weekend,its great they open sundays,very busy with work at the minute,can only get out on sundays

Thanks again seamus

Paul

• Valerie (Valerie)
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
05 Jun 2008 13:04 #4 by Valerie (Valerie)
Replied by Valerie (Valerie) on topic Re:hi everyone
Hi Paul,

Welcome to the hobby and to the forum! :-)

Beware, it's very addictive ... you get one tank, then another one ... :laugh:

Glad you are enjoying the hobby especially after your tough start with the used-to-be-tough-as-boots-but-not-any-longer guppies!

Good luck with your new project (ie. a bigger tank). If you have any questions, don't hesitate to post - Someone will be able to help out! :-)

Valerie

PS - The CFKS meets next on the 20th of June - An update re. time and venue will be posted on the forum soon. We are also going to visit Atlantaquaria on the 15th of June, if you want to join us, let me know. Thanks.

More
05 Jun 2008 14:10 #5 by PAULHARTE25 (PAUL HARTE)
Thanks valerie,wont be around for the atlantaquaria visit,but should be able to make the meeting,i've found out over the last few months that its very addictive,i did feel like throwing in the towel after the guppies,but then you come home and all the rest are flying around the tank,doesn't get much better than that,now looking for a bigger tank to add some more fish,need my smaller tank for pregnant platys,hopefully have a few babies in there in the next few months

Thanks again

Paul

Time to create page: 0.037 seconds