Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

Hellooo :-)

More
01 Oct 2009 13:17 - 01 Oct 2009 21:00 #1 by cdb (Colm)
Hellooo :-) was created by cdb (Colm)
Hi all,

As I'm really new to all this I have to say that I've found this forum and its members to be very helpful and it has been very reassuring for a beginner like myself to have read some of your experiences and to have somewhere to go to for tips and good advice.

The tank I'm using is a 2nd hand 60L Juwel Reckord and it currently holds 5 Tiger Barbs and a single Rainbow shark. It is an active and entertaining little community though I'm not sure how the rainbow shark feels about his tank-mates. When he is not chasing them around every nook and cranny he acts completely indifferently towards them! After saying that, you get the impression that the barbs are deliberately teasing him and winding him up until he flips...Its hilarious.

In time I'd maybe like to get a bigger tank but I'm really enjoying this one so far. I'll post a couple of photos when my digital camera decides to turn up. Thanks again to everyone on the forum for sharing your knowledge and experience.
Last edit: 01 Oct 2009 21:00 by cdb (Colm). Reason: fix the typos

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
01 Oct 2009 14:31 #2 by karlo (karlo kennedy)
welcome aboard mate
first let me say welcome to the site any thing you need just ask anyone
and second never mind pics get a video of them chasing

• Valerie (Valerie)
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
01 Oct 2009 17:41 #3 by Valerie (Valerie)
Replied by Valerie (Valerie) on topic Re:Hellooo :-)
Hi cdb,

Welcome to the forum and enjoy your reading ! any question, just ask :)

Valerie

More
01 Oct 2009 17:50 #4 by reefpaddy (paddy kelly)
welcome aboard:)

More
01 Oct 2009 20:51 #5 by cdb (Colm)
Replied by cdb (Colm) on topic Re:Hellooo :-)
Cheers everyone, much appreciated.

More
01 Oct 2009 21:03 #6 by Fishowner (Gavin fishowner)
Welcome to the forum,hehe wont be long before you want a bigger tank! Look forward to seeing some pics.Ask plenty of questions if you need and Im sure someone here will be able to help you out.

Gavin

• scubadim (scubadim)
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
02 Oct 2009 08:58 #7 by scubadim (scubadim)
Replied by scubadim (scubadim) on topic Re:Hellooo :-)
Hi,welcome to the forum:) .
Dimitri.

Time to create page: 0.042 seconds