Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

Tank Prices

More
28 Feb 2011 15:45 #1 by Torres9 (David)
Tank Prices was created by Torres9 (David)
just wondering if any one has seen good deals on tanks was up in Petstop in Blanch and the prices for there tanks are very dear if anyone knows of cheaps tanks could they PM me looking for a new tank . . .thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
28 Feb 2011 16:05 #2 by sparky (sparky)
Replied by sparky (sparky) on topic Re: Tank Prices
Hey Torres,

Have a look in the Buy and Sell section. Always a good bargain or two to pick up in there... Either that, or send a few of the sponsors a PM!

-Brian

"Make it idiot-proof, and someone will make a better idiot"

More
28 Feb 2011 16:07 #3 by Torres9 (David)
Replied by Torres9 (David) on topic Re: Tank Prices
want to get a new tank mate dont wanna get a second hand one :laugh: thanks for the reply

David

More
28 Feb 2011 17:17 #4 by joey (joe watson)
Replied by joey (joe watson) on topic Re: Tank Prices
you will save a packet getting used tanks and there is nothing wrong with them. infact if they have been out of use for a very short time they will help the cycling process and you could probably blag some mature media too

what size are you looking for?

More
28 Feb 2011 17:25 #5 by Torres9 (David)
looking for a tank around 300L mate

More
28 Feb 2011 17:27 #6 by joey (joe watson)
Replied by joey (joe watson) on topic Re: Tank Prices
try the sponsor's shops, they'll probably do a good deal on a full package too

More
28 Feb 2011 17:29 #7 by Torres9 (David)
i PM one there mate just waiting on a reply

More
28 Feb 2011 19:44 #8 by dubdero (derek kearns)
seen a beech aquaone tank 300l on donedeal was 400 euro seems fair

Time to create page: 0.042 seconds