Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

help needed - for those of you who know me

More
19 Feb 2015 19:08 #1 by Miamiheat (Stephane Lemaire)
As you will recall I had a flood in my apartment a few months ago. It was the result of a hose falling off my aging water but.
As an indirect result of that, and more directly due to the failure of my landlord to fix problems since the day I moved in I ended up filing a complaint with the PRTB.
I asked for a mediation but the mediator was unsucessfull in negotiating with the landlord and the case is going to adjudication. I did manage to find out that my landlord plans to fight me off by saying I was running a business AKA a commercial operation selling tropical fish from my apartment.

I could use your help. That would involve writing a simple statement about the fact that you have been keeping fish for X amount of years, that you have X amount of tanks, that it is a known fact that the hobby is a little addictive and describe perhaps in a couple of lines what your experience is in terms of breeding, having to setup extra tanks for the fry and having to sell off some fish. You could ad (if you believe it) that you have known me for X amount of time and that the fact I sold a few fish to downsize in no way means I was running a business.

This small statement should be signed, and include your name and telephone number in case the PRTB wants to call in to verify you wrote it.

If you are not in Dublin you can email it to me but please include your full contact details so that they can contact you to verify.

I would really appreciate the help i can get, as the people I am dealing with are scumbags. PM me for my mailing address or email. Thank you

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
19 Feb 2015 23:05 - 19 Feb 2015 23:06 #2 by Homer (Kevin)
My pleasure Stephane, text ur address to me.

Kev.

The Glass is always greener on the other side.

It's NOT "Chee lick", NOT "Chee Chee Licks"!!! Cichlids is pronounced as "Sick Lids"!!!!!
Last edit: 19 Feb 2015 23:06 by Homer (Kevin).

More
19 Feb 2015 23:09 #3 by alan 64 (alan)
I am on this forum long enough to know u are not running any kind of business mate u can contact me for anything in regards to this and I will back u up here

More
20 Feb 2015 10:31 #4 by Darkslice (Stephen Walsh)

More
20 Feb 2015 16:11 #5 by dubdero (derek kearns)
Pm address I do a letter .idiots do anythig to get out of paying.

More
20 Feb 2015 22:33 #6 by Miamiheat (Stephane Lemaire)
Lads thank you very much.
I have received enough letters hopefully that will be enough to dodge a bullet.
Very grateful to have all of you in support.

More
21 Feb 2015 12:18 #7 by jeff (Jeff Scully)
Only seeing this now if you need another letter or anything I can do please pm ur address and number, best of luck mate

Where the tongue slips, it speaks the truth.

A life making mistakes is not only more honourable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing at all.

Time to create page: 0.041 seconds