Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

Forum view settings and website improvements

More
10 Oct 2007 15:22 - 10 Oct 2007 15:24 #1 by darragh (Darragh Sherwin)
Hi,

I have been tweaking the website over the last few days, adding more features etc.
We now have a Calendar and a Events list on the home page.
Maps have been added for Sponsors on the sponsors page and meeting locations on the Societies page.

Improvements have been made to the user profile.
Now the user profile includes settings for viewing the forum like flat views or threaded views of the forum and last post first, and newest post first.
Along with these, there is also fields for AIM, Yahoo IM, MSN, GTalk and Skype.
These fields along with the location field and your club, if set, will be displayed under your avatar in the forum.
To change these fields in your profile, click on \"My Profile\" under the \"User Menu\" and then click on \"Edit\"->\"Update Your Profile\".

More improvements, tweaks and features will be coming soon and if anyone has a feature they are interested, please PM me.

Regards
Darragh
Last edit: 10 Oct 2007 15:24 by darragh (Darragh Sherwin).

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 Oct 2007 19:02 #2 by Carl (Carl M)
Thanks Darragh for all the effort you are putting in to make the site better.

More
10 Oct 2007 20:15 #3 by KenS (Ken Simpson)
Hi Darragh,

Looks good, just one thing. I filled in the Skype field and it was also giving that username for Google Talk. I don't use Google talk to hadn't entered anything in there.

Regards,

Ken.

More
11 Oct 2007 00:09 #4 by darragh (Darragh Sherwin)
Ken,

That Skype/Gmail issue should now be fixed.

Regards
Darragh

Time to create page: 0.035 seconds