Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

Happy Christmas !!!

• Valerie (Valerie)
  • Valerie (Valerie)'s Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
24 Dec 2007 18:29 #1 by Valerie (Valerie)
Happy Christmas !!! was created by Valerie (Valerie)
Dear all,

Just a little note to wish you all and your families a very Happy Christmas and best wishes for 2008!!!

Kindest regards,
Valerie

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• ChrisM (ChrisM)
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
24 Dec 2007 18:59 #2 by ChrisM (ChrisM)
Replied by ChrisM (ChrisM) on topic Re:Happy Christmas !!!
Merry Christmas to you,your family and most importantly your fish:) .

Please be careful and take your time if driving...dont become another statistic!

More
24 Dec 2007 20:28 #3 by zale (Mark carroll)
TO ALL MEMBERS AND YOUR FAMILIES.....

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAVE A GREAT NEW YEAR.....

HERES TO A BIGGER TANK IN 2008....:P

MARK

Mark

More
24 Dec 2007 20:53 #4 by Daragh_Owens (Daragh Owens)
Yes, a Happy Crimbo to all and here's to a great 2008

Grafton Street Christmas 2006

• pierce (pierce)
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
24 Dec 2007 22:33 #5 by pierce (pierce)
Replied by pierce (pierce) on topic Re:Happy Christmas !!!
happy xmas everyone and thank you all for the advice over the year.Just one more year of bugging you people with questions and then i think i might be ok on my own but then again there is alot to learn about corals and breeding sure maybe another 3/4 years thanks again see you next year.

More
24 Dec 2007 23:19 #6 by Acara (Dave Walters)
Heres to a very Happy Xmas to all of you and your families.
'07 was a great year for fishkeeping in Ireland,1st show in a few years,new clubs created and expanding memberships,new shops opening,etc.So lets hope we can get even bigger and better in '08.
Have a safe one everybody.

Dave(who wishes he was back home on a NEW ZEALAND beach)

always on the lookout for interesting corys.pm me if you know off any!

More
24 Dec 2007 23:53 #7 by mickeywallace (Michael Wallace Cath Woods)
Please accept with no obligation, implied or implicit, my best wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low stress, non-addictive, gender neutral celebration of the winter solstice holiday, practiced with the most enjoyable traditions of religious persuasion or secular practices of your choice with respect for the religious/secular persuasions and/or traditions of others, or their choice not to practice religious or secular traditions at all.

I also wish you a fiscally successful, personally fulfilling and medically uncomplicated recognition of the onset of the generally accepted Gregorian calendar year 2008, but not without due respect for the calendars of choice of other cultures.

By accepting this greeting, you are accepting these terms: This greeting is subject to clarification or withdrawal. It is freely transferable with no alteration to the original greeting. It implies no promise by the wisher to actually implement any of the wishes for her/himself or others and is void where prohibited by law, and is revocable at the sole discretion of the wisher. This wish is warranted to perform as expected within the usual application of good tidings for a period of one year or until the issuance of a subsequent holiday greeting, whichever comes first, and warranty is limited to replacement of this wish or issuance of a new wish at the sole discretion of the wisher.

Mickey Wallace & Cath Woods

More
25 Dec 2007 00:02 - 25 Dec 2007 00:02 #8 by mickeywallace (Michael Wallace Cath Woods)
baa humbug suppose its that time of year.

MERRY CHRISTMAS

and may we all have twice as much money and everything cost half the price next year!!!!! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Mickey Wallace & Cath Woods
Last edit: 25 Dec 2007 00:02 by mickeywallace (Michael Wallace Cath Woods).

More
25 Dec 2007 00:06 #9 by Tom (Tom Brecknell)
Happy Christmas everybody and a Prosperous New Year.

From Tom & Jo.
B)

More
25 Dec 2007 00:17 #10 by darragh (Darragh Sherwin)
Merry Christmas and a happy new year to all from the forum team.

More
25 Dec 2007 00:58 #11 by steven (steven)
Happy Christmas people be good...

Treat every day like your last, some day it will be??

More
25 Dec 2007 01:27 #12 by platty252 (Darren Dalton)
Merry Christmas everyone.
Hope you have a great new year

Darren.:cheer:

• Didihno (Didihno)
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
25 Dec 2007 11:20 #13 by Didihno (Didihno)
Replied by Didihno (Didihno) on topic Re:Happy Christmas !!!
DRNIK FCEK GRILS ASRE!

I've been in the bulmers again.......

Happy Christmas everyone.
Lets all get along in the new year!!!!

More
25 Dec 2007 13:59 #14 by lampeye (lampeye)
happy christmas everyone, joyeux noel et bon anee!

lampeye

More
25 Dec 2007 15:25 #15 by JohnH (John)
Replied by JohnH (John) on topic Re:Happy Christmas !!!
Right, here goes...

From someone who was...

All the very best for the Christmas and New Year to everyone here on the forum...looking forward to renewing my acquaintance with everyone I previously met...as well as meeting many of the people who have joined since then...at the show(s).

Didinho, I hope you're keeping the faith with the Lidl noodles and Acara...join the queue for the Gossei fry, there's protocol involved here !!!

Good luck to all.

John

We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl - year after year.

ITFS member.

It's a long way to Tipperary.

Time to create page: 0.066 seconds