Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

A visit to our new sponsor : AQUAPAWS AQUATICS

• Valerie (Valerie)
  • Valerie (Valerie)'s Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
05 Feb 2008 09:16 - 05 Feb 2008 09:18 #1 by Valerie (Valerie)
A visit to our new sponsor : AQUAPAWS AQUATICS was created by Valerie (Valerie)
Dear all,

Just a little note on the forum to introduce you to our new sponsor AQUAPAWS AQUATICS.

Originally located in Clifden, AquaPaws Aquatics have just opened their main outlet in the main street of Barna, just 10 minutes from Galway City, on the Spiddal/Coast Road.

I have had the opportunity to meet both Gavin and Peter who have made me feel very welcome and were very eager to share their forthcoming plans and ideas for their new Galway venture.

The amount of live stock was reduced upon my visits as they are just after relocating their live stock and maturing more tanks. Their next order is being placed this week; it will be no time until the shop is running at significantly increased capacity.

AquaPaws Aquatics retail all sorts of fish: cichlids (South Americans, Central Americans, Rift-Valley Victorians and Central Africans), community and are going to have a marine section in a very short time as they have an agreement with Seahorse Ireland.

The stock displayed looked very healthy and happy; even the discus were showing no stress bars.

In order to ensure an excellent long-term customer satisfaction, AquaPaws quarantine all their stock for at least 2 weeks (3 weeks for Discus) before offering them for sale.

Some of the additional advantages they offer their customers:
- 6 for the price of 5 shoaling/same species fish,
- DjanaPet fishfood: AquaPaws are the sole Irish importers of this brand. You buy the 1st container at standard price and get the refill at ½ price,
- AquaSafe water treatment : The same as above applies, get the refill at ½ price,
- All tanks (Juwel and Eheim) shown on AquaPaws’ website can be ordered and you pay 75% of the Recommended Retail Price (RRP) – a 60% deposit is required,
- All fish on their list can be ordered and quarantined for you,
- Unwanted fish? AquaPaws have a save-it-don’t-flush-it policy ; they will hold and re-home unwanted fish.

The website is currently being updated to reflect the Galway expansion and will be available very shortly at www.aquapaws.ie .

AquaPaws have very kindly accepted to sponsor the forum in giving a 10% discount to all club members presenting a membership card.

They also have offered to participate in a rota to provide a prize for a monthly photographic competition on this forum.

The shop’s location:

- Main Street, Barna, co. Galway
- Phone : 091 867 223 – ask for Gavin or Peter
- Emails : This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. , This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it., This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Again, I want to thank Peter and Gavin for their kindness and their time. I am also very happy to announce that AquaPaws have accepted to be the sponsors of the soon-to-be Galway fish-keeping club, the C.F.K.S!

Any questions, please, do not hesitate! :-)

Valerie
Attachments:
Last edit: 05 Feb 2008 09:18 by Valerie (Valerie).

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• ChrisM (ChrisM)
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
05 Feb 2008 10:19 #2 by ChrisM (ChrisM)
Replied by ChrisM (ChrisM) on topic Re:A visit to our new sponsor : AQUAPAWS AQUATICS
Absolutely fantastic news Valerie.Well done to you Peter and Gavin.Obviously you put a lot of effort in and it seems to be paying off.Again this forum is proving to be a catalyst for improving the hobby.

• hh5 (hh5)
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
05 Feb 2008 10:39 #3 by hh5 (hh5)
Do they ship? Just saw that they have Alenquer discus for sale,however, one of the pictures shows a Malboro Red and the other an Alenquer. Don't want Malboro Reds but would love to get my hands on some Alenquers.

More
05 Feb 2008 11:36 #4 by mickeywallace (Michael Wallace Cath Woods)
Great news and welcome
Mickey

Mickey Wallace & Cath Woods

More
05 Feb 2008 13:14 #5 by tanks_alot (Denis Coghlan)
Nice networking there Valerie. Next time I'm down that way I will make sure to pop it and have a look around.

Lead me not into temptation, For I can find it myself!

• russell (russell)
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
09 Feb 2008 13:00 #6 by russell (russell)
Replied by russell (russell) on topic Re:A visit to our new sponsor : AQUAPAWS AQUATICS
Had a good chat with the lads at aquapaws, they are going in the right direction. prices are extreemly reasonable and shipping/delivery is in the process. hopefully in a few weeks. Saves petrol and a long trip. browse the site and enquire about prices. you will be pleasentaly surprised.

Time to create page: 0.041 seconds