Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

My Lido 120 Re-done ..

More
30 Aug 2011 20:45 #1 by paulfluke (Paul)
Hi ,

Thought I'd share a quick pic of my tank..

I only re-decorated today and am really have with the way it's progressing so took a quick before and after snap...I'll get proper pics 2moro..

Before ....

And After :)

Still some work to do ... and as mentioned in nearly every post I've put up - the Danio are being replaced by Tiger Barb - so they should really pop it !!

Hope ye like..
Paul.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
30 Aug 2011 20:57 #2 by paddyc1 (Paddy Corrigan)
Looking great Paul. Love the natural look.
Would prefer that over the helicopter any day. Shoal of barbs in there will really liven it up.

Tallaght, Dublin 24

More
30 Aug 2011 21:00 #3 by dyco619 (steve carmody)
lovely job,
thats miles better, keep up the good work :cool:

More
30 Aug 2011 21:19 #4 by ceech (Desmond Gaynor)
very nice :-) a suggestion though a back round would look nice also one ya stick on ther back would be fine ;-) will make the fish pop more also.

More
30 Aug 2011 21:24 - 30 Aug 2011 21:25 #5 by paulfluke (Paul)
Cheers for the comments people :)

@ceech - Yeah I was thinking that alright - this is my first time kinda aquascaping so I'll be experimenting as i go - was thinking of simply blacking out the rear? I'm gonna wait till the Barb are in there though and decide what to do then...they should bring a lot of life to it i think.

All comments and suggestions welcome BTW.
Last edit: 30 Aug 2011 21:25 by paulfluke (Paul).

More
30 Aug 2011 22:07 #6 by Viperbot (Jason Hughes)
Hi Paul, great transformation! Tigers would look great in there. Heres a vid of a lido 120 steup similar to yours that I put together a while back. Might give you an idea of what can be done with the tigers despite their tendencies. I had a pretty big shoal (12)nso they kept mostly to themselves and to be honest I found the polkadots to be more belligerent but there was only four of then so I rekon had I introduced a few more, their aggression would have susided a bit. Anyway, hope this helps.

Jay

Life
may not be the party we hoped for, but while we
are here we might as well dance.

More
30 Aug 2011 23:27 #7 by paulfluke (Paul)
Cheers Jay - You showed my that vid alright when I mentioned Tiger barb while asking about stocking options and between yours, and the vids i posted (but really shouldn't have after noticing the YouTube sticky - oops) here - www.irishfishkeepers.com/index.php/fforu...106-tiger-barb-tanks my mind was def made up about them. Your lido looks sweet with the filter box removed, something I plan to do myself along with the lighting unit and wood surround at the top hopefully.

More
31 Aug 2011 08:49 #8 by Viperbot (Jason Hughes)
Did I? Awell, Im a show off anyway. Its a doddle to remove the filter box. All you need is a long flexible blade and a steady hand. The space it frees up is well worth the effort plus they look much better without them in my opinion. Best of luck with it and keep us posted.

Jay

Life
may not be the party we hoped for, but while we
are here we might as well dance.

More
31 Aug 2011 12:48 #9 by mickdeja (Mick Whelan)
Great lookin little tank there Paul. I love the natural look too. A small bit of moss around the bogwood would look seet also.

Follow me up to Carlow

Time to create page: 0.044 seconds