Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

Fluval Spec V5 and Nano.

• stretnik (stretnik)
  • stretnik (stretnik)'s Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
20 Aug 2012 23:55 #1 by stretnik (stretnik)
Fluval Spec V5 and Nano. was created by stretnik (stretnik)
I just bought this Fluval Spec 5 Gallon, haven't seen them in Ireland, just wondering what you guys think, I won't be setting it up for a good while yet. The second one is a sexy 2 Gallon version.

Kev.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
21 Aug 2012 09:33 #2 by BillG (Bill Gray)
Hi Kev,

Nice looking tanks, particularly the 5 gallon. I think its the proportions of the tank that make it look right, a lot of small tanks tend to go with the cube design and don’t look quite right. I think this tank with the right stock, aquascaping in miniature and plants would look amazing. Shrimp, small rasboras and a few of the smaller cory species would look the proverbial mutts nuts in there :)
Any specific ideas in mind for the occupants and scaping yet?

Cheers,

Bill.

More
21 Aug 2012 12:55 #3 by PompeyBill (Killian Walshe)
Very nice Kev. Looks perfectly suited to the position that you have it with the filter at the side. Must keep an eye out for them when they are released over here. As Bill says if you get your skilled aquascaping fingers at it, could look amazing!

More
21 Aug 2012 17:06 #4 by BlueRam (Sean Crowe)
There a nice tank to go for mate the Fluval Spec V is mint

What type lighting is it?

Would be very nice shrimp tanks

Sean

Sean Crowe

ITFS Member

Always Remember Surviving Is Not Thriving

• stretnik (stretnik)
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
21 Aug 2012 18:42 #5 by stretnik (stretnik)
Replied by stretnik (stretnik) on topic Fluval Spec V5 and Nano.
Hey Sean, the Tank has a hidden filter unit and a decent LED Bar which, according to those in the know, is good enough for a Nano Reef.

Kev.

More
21 Aug 2012 19:33 #6 by SpiderMonkey (Mark O'Neill)
Looks like a great little tank Kev but like most the manufacturers these day they fall short when it comes to the nightlight they never put in a enough blue LEDs! :(

Still very nice though B)

Mark

More
21 Aug 2012 21:19 #7 by BlueRam (Sean Crowe)

Hey Sean, the Tank has a hidden filter unit and a decent LED Bar which, according to those in the know, is good enough for a Nano Reef.

Kev.

You going to go nano reef or planted mate?

is the back sectioned as in chambers like the boyu's

Sean

Sean Crowe

ITFS Member

• stretnik (stretnik)
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
21 Aug 2012 21:23 #8 by stretnik (stretnik)
Replied by stretnik (stretnik) on topic Fluval Spec V5 and Nano.
I'm going to go Reef with the 5 Gal and Planted with the 2 Gal, both have separated sections and the Leds are stunning!

Kev.

More
21 Aug 2012 21:32 #9 by BlueRam (Sean Crowe)
Very nice mate cant wait to see it

Some very nice colorful Zoanthids will be nice in the nano reef

Sean

Sean Crowe

ITFS Member

Time to create page: 0.051 seconds