Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

Clearseal corner tanks

More
07 Jun 2013 11:15 #1 by LemonJelly (Johnny Cowley)
Does anyone know anywhere that sells clearseal corner aquariums or something similar?

"The only thing that burns in Hell is the part of you that won't let go of your life; your memories, your attachments. They burn them all away. But they're not punishing you.They're freeing your soul."

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
07 Jun 2013 15:33 #2 by Q_Comets (Declan Chambers)
Don't know about clearseal but seahorse probably have aquaone corner tanks

More
07 Jun 2013 17:52 #3 by LemonJelly (Johnny Cowley)
I might ask and see what they have. the reason I wondered about Clearseal is that I found a stand that could be used for a pentagonal corner tank and I know they make them

"The only thing that burns in Hell is the part of you that won't let go of your life; your memories, your attachments. They burn them all away. But they're not punishing you.They're freeing your soul."

More
08 Jun 2013 20:25 #4 by blade (Michael G)
Hi , as far as i know clearseal dont do one , but juwel do one called trigon its 190 ltr i think,or seahorse aquariums can custom make one for you

Michael

More
08 Jun 2013 21:26 #5 by LemonJelly (Johnny Cowley)
It would have to be a flat fronted tank. I'm kind of limited by the shape of the stand so a bow fronted tank wouldn't be a goer. I know clearseal do a smaller pentagonal corner tank. Not sure about a larger one though. Is the custom route not exorbitantly expensive?

More
09 Jun 2013 11:36 #6 by blade (Michael G)

Is the custom route not exorbitantly expensive?

It depends really Seahorse made a 380 ltr for me 12mm glass € 330 i thought it was reasonable , ideal when you need to fit in a tight space , give them a ring .

Michael

More
09 Jun 2013 11:50 #7 by LemonJelly (Johnny Cowley)
That does sound reasonable, esp considering the one I was will be less than half that volume, 150litres tops. Although I wonder is a corner pentagonal a more expensive build? Only one way to find out!

Time to create page: 0.040 seconds