Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

My 460 Liter tank

More
27 May 2015 19:29 - 27 May 2015 19:32 #1 by swai (Simon)
Hi all,

After buying the tank and having it empty for over a year for numerous reason i finally got to set it up. It's an Eheim Scubaline 460. I wanted to keep things simple in the tank, allow a lot of space for the fish to swim.

FIsh:

2 Wild Scalare Rio Nanay
70 Cardinal Tetra
20 Emperor Tetra
20 Lemon Tetra
12 Congo Tetra
12 Rummynose Tetra
9 Diamond Head Tetra

Weeping moss on wood, java fern tree and carpet is hemianthus micranthemoides.

Here are some pictures.

s483.photobucket.com/user/Simon_Wai/library/Tank?sort=2&page=1

Marino, Dublin 9
Last edit: 27 May 2015 19:32 by swai (Simon).

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
27 May 2015 21:25 #2 by LemonJelly (Johnny Cowley)
Damn, that's quite a lawn! Using CO2?

"The only thing that burns in Hell is the part of you that won't let go of your life; your memories, your attachments. They burn them all away. But they're not punishing you.They're freeing your soul."

More
27 May 2015 21:41 #3 by alan 64 (alan)
Replied by alan 64 (alan) on topic My 460 Liter tank
Looks great

More
27 May 2015 22:16 #4 by ceech (Desmond Gaynor)
Great looking tank :-) the Tetra must look great swimming in groups that size :-)

More
28 May 2015 07:58 - 28 May 2015 08:01 #5 by swai (Simon)
Replied by swai (Simon) on topic My 460 Liter tank
Cheers guys, no co2. Just high light and liquid ferts. I wasn't expecting the carpet to do good, I have co2 here but don't want to use it unless I really have too. I'm happy the way it is, less trimming!

Here's a quick video of the tetra shoaling.

Watch "Tetra Fish Tank" on YouTube

Marino, Dublin 9
Last edit: 28 May 2015 08:01 by swai (Simon).

More
28 May 2015 09:00 #6 by Q_Comets (Declan Chambers)
Looks great I really like trees but I just don't have the skills or patience

More
28 May 2015 10:48 #7 by ceech (Desmond Gaynor)
Amazing did always love the fresh water too :cool:

More
12 Nov 2015 11:04 #8 by swai (Simon)
Replied by swai (Simon) on topic My 460 Liter tank
Hi all,

After a long hiatus from the site I thought i'd share the last pic i took of this tank before I shut it down and sold it on. The only fish i kept are the 2 angels.

If you want to see older pics here they are s483.photobucket.com/user/Simon_Wai/slideshow/Tank.

Marino, Dublin 9
Attachments:

More
14 Nov 2015 22:31 #9 by ger310 (Ger .)
Replied by ger310 (Ger .) on topic My 460 Liter tank

Hi all,

After a long hiatus from the site I thought i'd share the last pic i took of this tank before I shut it down and sold it on. The only fish i kept are the 2 angels.

If you want to see older pics here they are s483.photobucket.com/user/Simon_Wai/slideshow/Tank.

That's an awful shame your breaking that tank down Simon......really really nice

Ger

What do you call a three legged Donkey?

A Wonkey....duh ha :)

More
15 Nov 2015 09:21 #10 by DiscoStu (Marie Curie)
That's a real pity, such a beautiful tank, I'm sure it took a lot of work.

Time to create page: 0.054 seconds