Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

Hello, my name is Ramas!

More
13 May 2016 19:59 #1 by ramas (Ramunas Jakutis)
Hello,

It's my first time here. I grow Discus, Neon Tetra, Plecos, Algae eaters, Shrimps, and some more, also plants.

I have 180l fish tank for all my fish, and also I'm growing 2 golden fish in a huge vase. :)

Ramas

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 May 2016 20:25 #2 by robert (robert carter)
welcome

More
14 May 2016 07:41 #3 by paulv (paul vickers)
Welcome to the forum Ramas. There's a few dedicated discus lads here. Put up some pictures when you can.

More
14 May 2016 11:40 #4 by ramas (Ramunas Jakutis)
Hi,
Yes I will put pictures later on after work ;)

More
14 May 2016 13:09 #5 by Bill (Bill Hunter)
Welcome, Ramas.
Bill

More
14 May 2016 15:28 #6 by ramas (Ramunas Jakutis)

More
14 May 2016 16:38 #7 by Q_Comets (Declan Chambers)
Welcome to the forum.

More
16 May 2016 19:41 #8 by carlowchris (chris)
Welcome ramus

More
16 May 2016 20:13 #9 by ramas (Ramunas Jakutis)
Thank You Chris ;-)

More
16 May 2016 21:52 #10 by irish-zx10r (James feenan)
hi and welcome

Something fishie going on here

More
16 May 2016 22:02 #11 by Sukahn (Shane Doorley)
Welcome mate :)

More
24 May 2016 21:06 #12 by ramas (Ramunas Jakutis)
Hi guys,

Here's how my fish tank looks like.

Also, I have a problem with my fish tank - it's leaking and it looks like that the bottom is going to crack. :ohmy: :S Any advice on how I can fix it?

Thanks
Ramas
Attachments:

More
24 May 2016 22:14 #13 by fishmad1234 (Craig Coyle)
Lovely fish and sorry to hear about the leak I wouldn't imagine there is to many ways to fix it the way it is you might have to empty the tank then try get it fixed.

at the end of the day it becomes nite

More
25 May 2016 07:33 #14 by robert (robert carter)
hi , the tank looks great , as for the leak reckon the only way is to empty the tank and get it resealed. their is a forum member called Bart based in clondalkin who would do it for you , he has built tanks for members of this forum including myself , I reckon he would have a lone tank for you while he repairs yours . pm me if you want his number

More
25 May 2016 07:38 #15 by paulv (paul vickers)
Only sure way to fix a leaking tank is to empty it totally dry it out, remove the old silicone seal from the leaky side, clean the glass with nail varnish remover the reseal it with aquarium silicone. Once resealed allow to cure for 3 days minimum. Lovely tank and great fish. You could also buy a second hand tank only and use your own cabinet and filter.

More
25 May 2016 09:35 #16 by ramas (Ramunas Jakutis)
Thanks, so I need to find another fish tank first :-)
Do You know who have cheap or where I should go to ask about it?
Thank You

More
25 May 2016 09:39 #17 by ramas (Ramunas Jakutis)
Hi Robert,
Yes it will be great to get his number to ask what I should do or him can do for me :-)
Thanks You

More
25 May 2016 09:45 #18 by ramas (Ramunas Jakutis)
Thanks for info ;-) Do You know who selling second hand fish tank or the the best place go to look?
thanks for any info
:-)

More
25 May 2016 09:53 #19 by robert (robert carter)
hi Ramas, have just sent you a pm with Barts number

More
25 May 2016 10:00 #20 by JohnH (John)
This thread has now been moved from 'Introduce Yourself' as it has strayed from that subject to tank renovation and so 'Introduce Yourself isn't really relative now.

John

We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl - year after year.

ITFS member.

It's a long way to Tipperary.

More
25 May 2016 12:55 #21 by robert (robert carter)
good man john ,we give you a hard time don't we

More
25 May 2016 13:26 #22 by Jonlate (Jon Late)
I was in aquatic village yesterday and he had a few 2nd hand tanks. If they don't suit it's the usual places of adverts and donedeal.

More
26 May 2016 08:31 #23 by paulv (paul vickers)
Adverts and donedeal, lots of tanks only. I'll have a aqualantis 54l for sale in a day or so as I'm setting up a larger tank.

More
29 May 2016 23:34 #24 by carlowchris (chris)
That's a really nice set up ramus....

Bart is a great bloke. ...great to deal with

But where are located???just wondering of there is another member with an empty tank close by that might help ya out with a lend of a tank while yours is being fixed.

Time to create page: 0.079 seconds