Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

New tank

More
19 Mar 2017 20:37 - 22 Mar 2017 15:07 #1 by gerryberry (Jeff Daly)
Well finally got my new tank mounted on the stand, bought it second hand so took the time to sand, paint clean all the equipment. Done a small change to the sump as it was setup for marine.

Tank is 900mm x 450mm x 450mm fully opti white.initial plan is freshwater some roots and low lighting plants. Looking at the Fluval Led lights to mount across the tank.

Next big thing to sort out is a high gloss cabinet, not having to much look at the moment but will get something sorted.

I plan to keep this thread updated as I think it great to look back in a years time to see how the tank develops.

Last edit: 22 Mar 2017 15:07 by JohnH (John). Reason: Added image

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
19 Mar 2017 20:41 #2 by gerryberry (Jeff Daly)
Replied by gerryberry (Jeff Daly) on topic New tank
Photos do not seem to upload correctly

More
19 Mar 2017 20:49 #3 by robert (robert carter)
Replied by robert (robert carter) on topic New tank
Hi Gerry ,i am not good at uploading photos either , but i think the problem is that the size is too big . Not sure but i think they have to be less than 1 gb , on the photos i have posted i always have to reduce the size . Am sure one of the expert posted can guide you through the process

More
19 Mar 2017 23:00 - 19 Mar 2017 23:01 #4 by JohnH (John)
Replied by JohnH (John) on topic New tank
I'm trying to get to the bottom of this problem (with attaching images) but - in the meantime please submit any images as attachments to an email to
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
and they'll be added to this thread.

It would be a shame to miss out on your blog.

John

We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl - year after year.

ITFS member.

It's a long way to Tipperary.
Last edit: 19 Mar 2017 23:01 by JohnH (John). Reason: Spelling mistake.

More
22 Mar 2017 15:09 #5 by JohnH (John)
Replied by JohnH (John) on topic New tank

Photos do not seem to upload correctly

Uploaded now.

John

We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl - year after year.

ITFS member.

It's a long way to Tipperary.

More
22 Mar 2017 18:56 #6 by robert (robert carter)
Replied by robert (robert carter) on topic New tank
Looks good

More
01 Apr 2017 01:15 #7 by iain54 (Iain Minchin)
Replied by iain54 (Iain Minchin) on topic New tank
Looks good. When I buy a home I'm gonna budget for a 300 litre tank too. Any updates on this

Time to create page: 0.057 seconds