Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

Any were i can get a custom tank or is there no

More
12 Aug 2009 23:21 #1 by faolteam (keith mac)
Any were i can get a custom tank or is there no recession in the fish industry

im trying foir ages and i cant get a reply from anyone i rang all the places posted but nobody wants my business:silly:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 Aug 2009 00:03 #2 by JohnH (John)
Believe me, the recession has hit the Aquatic market as well...

Are you looking for a particularly awkward size of tank?

As soon as you veer from 'orthodox' sizes the price rockets, you might want to consider compromising and getting the nearest 'conventional' sized tank.

There are Tank makers in the UK who will make up a tank to whatever dimension you could wish for...and deliver here, but be sitting down before you ask the price! Have you considered actually building a tank yourself? They aren't that hard to do, but you would possibly be wanting the whole thing, Stand, lid and all?

Keep at it, you'll succeed in the end, I'm sure.

John

We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl - year after year.

ITFS member.

It's a long way to Tipperary.

More
13 Aug 2009 01:50 #3 by sheag35 (Seamus Gillespie)
did you ring aquapaws, they are the cheapest i've come across

Fishkeeping the Only way to get wet and wild

currently 25 tanks, and breeding is the aim of everything i keep

More
13 Aug 2009 07:49 #4 by arabesque (Mick Veale)

More
09 Sep 2009 20:45 #5 by glassworks (keith)
hi faolteam,what size are you looking for,curved or straight front?

Time to create page: 0.041 seconds