Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

Rio 180

More
25 Feb 2010 01:47 - 25 Feb 2010 02:23 #1 by SpiderMonkey (Mark O'Neill)
Hey lads im thinking about getting a new tank Rio 180 "dark wood" One outlet is doing them for 359euro seems like a good price do you think i'll get it cheaper anyware else?

Thanks Lads

Mark
Last edit: 25 Feb 2010 02:23 by JohnH (John). Reason: Changed name

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
25 Feb 2010 02:25 - 25 Feb 2010 02:54 #2 by JohnH (John)
Replied by JohnH (John) on topic Re:Rio 180
Mark,

Why don't you send a PM to the Forum Sponsors to ask prices? - They wouldn't be allowed to quote their prices in open Forum but will be able to tell you by PM.

John

We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl - year after year.

ITFS member.

It's a long way to Tipperary.
Last edit: 25 Feb 2010 02:54 by JohnH (John). Reason: suggestion

More
25 Feb 2010 05:39 #3 by Frontosa (Tim kruger)
Replied by Frontosa (Tim kruger) on topic Re:Rio 180
Hi Mark,
Pm sent.Regards,Tim

Midlands - in the heart of Ireland.

Keeping and breeding : Frontosa Blue Zaires , Synodontis Petricola , Tropheus Red Rainbow (Kasanga) , Tropheus Moliro . Regulary fry for sale.
Community tank with P.Kribensis and different livebearers.

More
25 Feb 2010 13:28 #4 by tippstar (colm norris)
Replied by tippstar (colm norris) on topic Re:Rio 180
was that for the tank and stand or just the tank. its very good if its for the whole setup

More
25 Feb 2010 13:42 #5 by SpiderMonkey (Mark O'Neill)
Thanks for the pm lads much appreciated i'll be making a few phone call to day:)

Yeah thats for the tank and stand!
sounds good doesn't it.
Cheers
Mark

• scubadim (scubadim)
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
25 Feb 2010 13:43 #6 by scubadim (scubadim)
Replied by scubadim (scubadim) on topic Re:Rio 180
hello,
pm sent.
Dimitri

More
25 Feb 2010 14:00 #7 by DJK (David Kinsella)
Replied by DJK (David Kinsella) on topic Re:Rio 180
Hi Mark

That sounds like an excellent price. Just a word of warning though, if you are buying online and if something goes wrong with tank, heater etc etc, you may have problems getting recourse. If you can get a similar price from a regular shop I would go down that route for these tanks come with a 2 year guarantee.

Dave

More
25 Feb 2010 14:12 #8 by SpiderMonkey (Mark O'Neill)
Hi Dave

Its a local shop ten min down the road from me so it should be ok

Thanks Dave

Mark

More
25 Feb 2010 14:14 #9 by SpiderMonkey (Mark O'Neill)

More
25 Feb 2010 15:09 #10 by tippstar (colm norris)
Replied by tippstar (colm norris) on topic Re:Rio 180
i think dimitri pm me by mistake. i'll forward it on to you

• eire1978 (eire1978)
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
25 Feb 2010 16:53 #11 by eire1978 (eire1978)
Replied by eire1978 (eire1978) on topic Re:Rio 180
i would go bigger if i was you, i bought a trigon 190 and a year later regret not getting bigger.But it all depends on what fish u like to keep

More
25 Feb 2010 21:18 #12 by DJK (David Kinsella)
Replied by DJK (David Kinsella) on topic Re:Rio 180
Hi Mark

I think it all depends what stage you are at in fish keeping.

If you are new to the hobby I would go with the smaller 180L tank. Bigger does not mean better.
No point investing in a 450L and all of a sudden down the road you become disinterested. Also the maintenance on larger tanks is so much higher. Start on a small scale and see how it goes. If as Éire says you want/need another larger tank in the future, you can always use the smaller 180L for other purposes ie breeding/quarantine etc.

Dave

More
25 Feb 2010 22:33 #13 by SpiderMonkey (Mark O'Neill)
Thanks for the replys lads
I'll tell you id love a big 400l tank but iv only got a space for the 180 between my fireplace and the wall in my sitting room so thats why im looking at the rio.

Dimitri gave me a very good price today so im just waiting to move my tank on to my brother :)

One thing i dont like about the rio is the flat corners on it, you know like a normal tank my one has the rounded corners.

Is there any other makes of tank same size that has the rounded corners??

Mark

More
05 Mar 2010 01:32 #14 by Gerry The Chip (Gerard)
Replied by Gerry The Chip (Gerard) on topic Re:Rio 180
Hi mark Im looking to buy a new tank and this seems the prefect size for me, but any prices iv checked out worked out about 320 for the tank and 150 for the stand,thats a great price you've got. Can you tell me where your buying yours? Iv Pm you if you can reply that would be great.

More
Time to create page: 0.056 seconds