Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

Juwel Tanks

• WayneDub (WayneDub)
  • WayneDub (WayneDub)'s Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
07 Feb 2011 00:14 #1 by WayneDub (WayneDub)
Juwel Tanks was created by WayneDub (WayneDub)
Hey Guys!

This is my first post on the forum. Hope to get pics of my set up to the Introduce Yourself section tomorrow! Im only new at fishkeeping (6 months) and have an Interpet FishPod 120L. Im after coming across a good deal on a Juwel Vision 180 and wondering how people would rate Juwel tanks. Wasnt necessarily looking to upgrade so soon but as I am keeping Tanganjikan Cichlids, I think the bigger the better. I have a good kit so far with a Fluval E200 heater and a JBL CristalProfi e900 external filter which ive added along the way.

Any feedback is appreciated.

Wayne

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
07 Feb 2011 01:06 #2 by andrewo (andrew)
Replied by andrewo (andrew) on topic Re: Juwel Tanks
welcome ! i have 4 juwel tanks and they are great. apart from design; their glass and especially cabinets are rly sturdy and last thru the years.

More
07 Feb 2011 11:15 #3 by Peteemax (Pete Maxwell)
Welcome to the forum Wayne.

Great to have another Tang keeper on board.

I have 2 jewel tanks 120 and 190.

I cant fault either of them.

Pete

Pete Maxwell

ITFS Member

More
07 Feb 2011 12:17 #4 by Fishowner (Gavin fishowner)
Solid tanks,go for it if the deal is good. You can adapt the filter box also if needed.
Gavin

More
07 Feb 2011 20:39 #5 by dubfish (Alan Martin)
Good tanks and stands but the filter boxes are pure crap and the lighting units are always causing problems.

Regards Alan..

More
07 Feb 2011 21:28 #6 by Katherine (Katarzyna Glebocka)
I have Juwel Vision 260 and the think I can tell: Good German product lasting for ages. There is only one think that can cause problems: lighting. The ballast unit is sealled in the panel. If it breaks, you have to replace lighting pannel.

• WayneDub (WayneDub)
  • WayneDub (WayneDub)'s Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
09 Feb 2011 01:08 #7 by WayneDub (WayneDub)
Replied by WayneDub (WayneDub) on topic Re: Juwel Tanks
Thanks for all the feedback guys. Much appreciate it! It was a good deal but unfortunately it was gone when i rang :(. But i wanted to find out anyway as I see a lot of Juwel tanks for sale.

More
09 Jul 2011 19:47 #8 by smitas5 (Marius Smitas)
I have RIO 400 and 3 feet of my cabinet were cracked as I was mooving it after purchase(used). rang Juwel, they sent me new ones by post next day free of charge.
Thats another reason they are good.
Also most common parts are easy to get.

More
09 Jul 2011 23:07 #9 by johnportman (John Clarke)
I have 2 juwel tanks, trigon 190, rio 400 and I never had any problems.
I hear there is trouble with the lightin units but I never had any, fingers crossed. ;)

John

More
10 Jul 2011 00:23 #10 by BlueRam (Sean Crowe)
all the tanks i have had have being Juwel and apert from the clearseal i wouldnt go or any other tank

great tanks

sean

Sean Crowe

ITFS Member

Always Remember Surviving Is Not Thriving

More
10 Jul 2011 18:25 #11 by BlueRam (Sean Crowe)
smitas5 PM sent

sean

Sean Crowe

ITFS Member

Always Remember Surviving Is Not Thriving

More
30 Aug 2011 21:22 - 30 Aug 2011 21:51 #12 by Fearrchair (Michael Farragher)
was in Petmania in Galway recently looking around don't have a tank or fish at the moment.
Have an interest on and off but haven't taken the leap into it yet ....

anyway ventured into the unknown and asked a few questions on the tropical, marine etc.
the assistant was showing me a tank that he is planning to buy that they have in the shop.

It looked like a Juwel tank but was 285l 4' wide not sure if I am prepared to go that big but I think bigger is better as regards maintenance and had told myself that I need to go above 100-150l.

The tank he showed me, had a silver stripe along the top and was for sale for E725 thought as well that there was another logo on the top but maybe not (luxury line) but maybe I am thinking of something else I had seen.

Do Juwel have a 285l tank or what was that make that I had seen, just wondering ...E725 is that a lot for a tank. Would I need to sit myself down or is because of the size. I think the full cabinet might be going with it maybe that why...

Do anyone have one there is a JBL external filter going with it I think and the lights but I think that it then.
Last edit: 30 Aug 2011 21:51 by Fearrchair (Michael Farragher).

More
30 Aug 2011 21:29 #13 by ceech (Desmond Gaynor)
They have a rio 240 litre tank that would be close to what you want or a rio 300 which is about 350 litres.Here is there main site you can check all there tanks out.
www.juwel-aquarium.de/en/index.htm

More
30 Aug 2011 21:34 #14 by dyco619 (steve carmody)

was in Petmania in Galway recently looking around don't have a tank or fish at the moment.
Have an interest on and off but haven't taken the leap into it yet ....

anyway ventured into the unknown and asked a few questions on the tropical, marine etc.
the assistance was showing me a tank that he is planning to buy that they have in the shop.

It looked like a Jewel tank but was 285l 4' wide not sure if I am prepared to go that big but I think bigger is better as regards maintenance and had told myself that I need to go above 100-150l.

The tank he showed me, had a silver stripe along the top and was for sale for E725 thought as well that there was another logo on the top but maybe not (luxury line) but maybe I am thinking of something else I had seen.

Do Jewel have a 285l tank or what was that make that I had seen, just wondering ...E725 is that a lot for a tank. Would I need to sit myself down or is because of the size. I think the full cabinet might be going with it maybe that why...

Do anyone have one there is a JBL external filter going with it I think and the lights but I think that it then.

dont think it is a jewel tank,
never heard of a 285l tank, jewel do a 4ft 350ltr tank,
if your looking for a tank you can get some good second hand deals,
if you post up on this site what kind of tank your looking for someone might be able to sort ya out.

More
31 Aug 2011 08:11 #15 by Acara (Dave Walters)
Could be an Aqualantis?
Or a Fluval Roma.

always on the lookout for interesting corys.pm me if you know off any!

• stretnik (stretnik)
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
31 Aug 2011 08:18 #16 by stretnik (stretnik)
Replied by stretnik (stretnik) on topic Re: Juwel Tanks
Or aqua One..

Kev.

More
31 Aug 2011 09:15 #17 by Damien Conway (Damien Conway)
I have a juwel trigon 190 and I couldn't fault it. Highly recommend it.

More
31 Aug 2011 19:05 - 31 Aug 2011 19:08 #18 by Fearrchair (Michael Farragher)

Could be an Aqualantis?
Or a Fluval Roma.

you could be onto something with the Aqualantis done a google and it does have the same look as the juwel and has that silver strip on the top that I thought I remembered seening but could see on any Juwel.

or on second thoughts it might be closer to the Aqua One like the one shown here
www.seapets.co.uk/products/aquarium-supp...nce-1200r-beech.html
Last edit: 31 Aug 2011 19:08 by Fearrchair (Michael Farragher).

More
08 Sep 2011 23:11 #19 by SSS (Sion S)
Replied by SSS (Sion S) on topic Re: Juwel Tanks
I know the one you mean, its an Aquaone Nautilus and the cabinet comes with it.
Yeah its 285l and the external filter that comes with it is rated for 1250lph I think?

More
09 Sep 2011 17:15 #20 by SSS (Sion S)
Replied by SSS (Sion S) on topic Re: Juwel Tanks
Actually its the filter thats Aquaone, the tank is Penn-Plax

More
09 Sep 2011 18:53 #21 by tropi-paul (Paul)
Replied by tropi-paul (Paul) on topic Re: Juwel Tanks
do yourself a favour and get a condensation tray , the amount of customers i get buying replacement light units because the seals on the light units eventually let a bit in , 5 euro will feel better than like 120!

Time to create page: 0.094 seconds