Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

600 litre tank

More
13 Mar 2011 00:51 #1 by johnportman (John Clarke)
Hi folks, I was looking at a 600 ltr aqua one tank with stand and 2 external filters nd 2 heaters. What is a good price to pay for it? Can I order the tank from them myself or do I need to go to a stockest...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• David (David)
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
13 Mar 2011 00:56 #2 by David (David)
Replied by David (David) on topic Re: 600 litre tank
Unless your looking for a new tank and stand

Ide try the buy and sell section hear and also donedeal

More
13 Mar 2011 03:18 #3 by andrewo (andrew)
Replied by andrewo (andrew) on topic Re: 600 litre tank
I know the tank you are on about. looks nice but rly does cost a bomb :{

More
14 Mar 2011 19:30 - 14 Mar 2011 19:31 #4 by pjd30 (pjd30)
Replied by pjd30 (pjd30) on topic Re: 600 litre tank
We recently got a new Clearseal 500 litre tank,oak cabinet,Eheim external filter,1200mm T5 lights,2 Elite 300watt heaters,bags of sand,soil,lots of bog oak,dead wood,stone and various plant and fish feeds for 800 euro all in.

if you shop around and keep an eye out,then there are good deals to be had these days.
Last edit: 14 Mar 2011 19:31 by pjd30 (pjd30).

More
26 Mar 2011 16:57 #5 by johnportman (John Clarke)
Hi pj that was a great deal you's got. And your tank is lookin great.

More
26 Mar 2011 22:18 #6 by Peteemax (Pete Maxwell)

Hi pj that was a great deal you's got. And your tank is lookin great.

+1 thats a super price

vision 450 are over 1k in the shops

Pete Maxwell

ITFS Member

More
26 Mar 2011 22:25 #7 by Acara (Dave Walters)
The Visions price probably has a lot to do with the front being curved glass,that bit more expensive.

always on the lookout for interesting corys.pm me if you know off any!

More
26 Mar 2011 22:40 #8 by johnportman (John Clarke)
I have a juwel trigon 190 now and had to get somethin cause the 120ltr tank that I did have sprung a leak, so I had to get somethin I went to a pet shop in dublin and payed so much for it. If I had of shopped around I could of saved myself a fcukin fortune.

Time to create page: 0.043 seconds