Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

Half a Fish house

More
29 Aug 2012 17:10 #1 by ger310 (Ger .)
Finally got a bit of time to get in to this.....Plumbing for the time being will be releasing the water from the tanks with a gravel cleaner with a hose attached and refilling them from a water butt with a pump inside......i built the frame in a way that proper plumbing can done at a later stage but this will have to do for now

this wall will be part 2 with three 4 foot tanks

the corner reserved for the mini fridge

should of being an architect ha

Ger

What do you call a three legged Donkey?

A Wonkey....duh ha :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
29 Aug 2012 17:58 #2 by JohnH (John)
Replied by JohnH (John) on topic Half a Fish house
Excellent Ger - keep up the good work and...keep us up to date with loads of snapshots!

My Fish House is still in the planning stage!

John

We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl - year after year.

ITFS member.

It's a long way to Tipperary.

More
29 Aug 2012 20:29 #3 by BillG (Bill Gray)
Replied by BillG (Bill Gray) on topic Half a Fish house
Looking good Ger :) For risk of asking a stupid question, do you have the place insulated?
I assume you are getting into some serious breeding, if so, what species are you going to focus on?

Cheers,

Bill.

More
27 Sep 2012 23:12 #4 by dubdero (derek kearns)
Karpackie only drink I wouldn't drink the funds must be low?looking good the room hopefully next year me

More
28 Sep 2012 03:23 #5 by sheag35 (Seamus Gillespie)
good start, i would consider insulating it though will save heating costs in the long run

Fishkeeping the Only way to get wet and wild

currently 25 tanks, and breeding is the aim of everything i keep

More
28 Sep 2012 07:33 #6 by Q_Comets (Declan Chambers)
+1 for insulation. Know very little about keeping fish but have first hand experience of insulated slabs. They did an amazing job of our garage conversion it's warmest room in house.

More
05 Oct 2012 14:42 #7 by ger310 (Ger .)
Replied by ger310 (Ger .) on topic Half a Fish house
Sorry for the late reply lads,between work and one or two other things i just haven't had the time for much lately (fish house included) but better late than never.

Yeh i got a bit excited at first and i didn't insulate,you all know the saying about the cart and the horse but getting that done now.....At the moment i am only Breeding Pterophyllum Scalare (silver Angel),Pelvicachromis pulcher (Kribensis) and i picked up a lovely group of Corydoras schwartzi so lets hope for the best with these.

Here's the latest and hopefully i'll have the next frame up for more tanks in a week or two.

Sorry again for the late reply!!

Believe it or not there is 5ft of width on that back wall to play with

Ger

What do you call a three legged Donkey?

A Wonkey....duh ha :)
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.052 seconds