Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

hose reels

More
03 Oct 2014 17:16 #1 by irish-zx10r (James feenan)

I have few more black hose reels if anyone wants them for free just comment below
thanks

james

Something fishie going on here

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
03 Oct 2014 17:57 #2 by baan (Fintan Breen)
Replied by baan (Fintan Breen) on topic hose reels
James

yes - I might take one... should have through of this before I met you last week.

there's no rush, so we can work something out if you're down this way or if I'm up your way some time.

thanks

More
03 Oct 2014 18:09 #3 by irish-zx10r (James feenan)

James

yes - I might take one... should have through of this before I met you last week.

there's no rush, so we can work something out if you're down this way or if I'm up your way some time.

thanks

I keep one for you and if anyone is heading down your way soon i send it down
i have one or two other bits and pieces going up for sale that might also intrest you lol

More
06 Oct 2014 20:17 #4 by baan (Fintan Breen)

thank you!

i have one or two other bits and pieces going up for sale that might also intrest you lol

STOP! You're gonna get me in trouble That heater is too big to fit in my "fish" cabinet, so is being treated with contempt! So... what you got?! :) :crazy:

More
06 Oct 2014 20:28 - 06 Oct 2014 20:28 #5 by irish-zx10r (James feenan)

thank you!

STOP! You're gonna get me in trouble That heater is too big to fit in my "fish" cabinet, so is being treated with contempt! So... what you got?! :) :crazy:

:)
First thing u need is a bigger fish tank and cabinet to suit the heater lol
I am going to sell the tempature control unit its the same one in the video i sent.
I had it running 24/7 but after a while i relised it was only needed when i was setting up tanks
i have two so one is only used every now and again and its waist to be sitting there
when someone else could get some use out of it.

Last edit: 06 Oct 2014 20:28 by irish-zx10r (James feenan). Reason: spelling

More
06 Oct 2014 20:46 #6 by baan (Fintan Breen)

First thing u need is a bigger fish tank and cabinet to suit the heater lol
I am going to sell the tempature control unit its the same one in the video i sent.
I had it running 24/7 but after a while i relised it was only needed when i was setting up tanks
i have two so one is only used every now and again and its waist to be sitting there
when someone else could get some use out of it.

haha!

OK, I had thought about a heat controller... but I'm gonna continue to use my two internal combo heater/controllers as they offer redundancy between them and I'm ok for now! thanks!

More
12 Oct 2014 08:34 #7 by JustinK (Justin Kelly)
Replied by JustinK (Justin Kelly) on topic hose reels

First thing u need is a bigger fish tank and cabinet to suit the heater

Classic James :-)

More
12 Oct 2014 10:09 #8 by Gonefishy (Brian oneill)
Replied by Gonefishy (Brian oneill) on topic hose reels
Hi James, I'd take a hose reel if one is going the next time your I'm Dub (longer the better)? Thanks. Brian

More
12 Oct 2014 10:27 #9 by irish-zx10r (James feenan)

Hi James, I'd take a hose reel if one is going the next time your I'm Dub (longer the better)? Thanks. Brian

What i do if there is few in Dublin i send them all up together
or i can leave them with a friend in newbridge on Tuesday for collection
he should be up in the city sooner than me just watch this post for more details.
I have 4 in total at the moment and hope to pick up another 4 for next week.

Time to create page: 0.051 seconds