Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

broken bog wood

More
26 Jan 2015 18:01 #1 by alan 64 (alan)
OK guys I had a nice piece of bog wood that I cut in half too fit into smaller tanks, now I'd like it back as one piece so I was thinking of tec 7 to stick it back together as the cut on it is a clean straight edge, do any of use think this will work

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
26 Jan 2015 19:29 #2 by Fishowner (Gavin fishowner)
Should work fine Alan...you could use cable ties or acrylic dowels but i think the glue will work just fine.Get the wood dry first though,stick it in the oven for abit to dry it abit and the glue will work great for you.Ive used screws in the past to get mine onto plastic suckers to hold to the side of the tank.We just gotta be inventitive in this hobby!

Gavin

More
26 Jan 2015 19:32 - 26 Jan 2015 19:37 #3 by paulcavan (Paul Gileoold)
HI Alan even further to gavins reply I dont think you would have to dry it as tec 7 can supposedly seal in wet environments I always use it great stuff
Last edit: 26 Jan 2015 19:37 by paulcavan (Paul Gileoold).

More
26 Jan 2015 19:35 #4 by Fishowner (Gavin fishowner)
it should work fine if wet also as Paul mentioned.Its great stuff alright.
Gavin

More
26 Jan 2015 19:41 #5 by alan 64 (alan)
Replied by alan 64 (alan) on topic broken bog wood
Is it the clear tec 7 I need guys

More
26 Jan 2015 19:42 #6 by paulcavan (Paul Gileoold)
Don't think it matters but it's the one I use ;)

More
26 Jan 2015 20:44 #7 by gunnered72 (Eddy Gunnered)
Is Tec 7 aquarium safe?

More
26 Jan 2015 21:47 #8 by Fishowner (Gavin fishowner)
yes it is.

More
29 Jan 2015 18:46 #9 by carlowchris (chris)
Replied by carlowchris (chris) on topic broken bog wood
Is there not different versions of tec7???are they all aquarium safe????

More
31 Jan 2015 18:09 #10 by JustinK (Justin Kelly)
Dry the wood.
As much as it claims to seal in wet conditions its not great. As with all surfaces though they should be clean and dry for best results.
Clear would probably be better as it obviously needs another ingredient to make white.

Time to create page: 0.048 seconds