Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

Ozone treatment on Africans

More
05 Oct 2011 19:42 #1 by Sean (Fr. Jack)
This tank has 2 years without any water changes the water is a manky yellow green colour.

That would be a ecumenical matter!!!
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
05 Oct 2011 19:45 #2 by Sean (Fr. Jack)
Could this water be bad enough to report it to the RSPA, neh dont think so after all in Spain they kick dogs and freeze clown fish.

Attachments:

More
05 Oct 2011 19:48 #3 by Sean (Fr. Jack)
Birds eye view of manky water,fish still interested in feed when you move you hand/camera neear the surface

Attachments:

More
05 Oct 2011 19:52 #4 by Sean (Fr. Jack)
Ozone at start of treatment is only 277, in a regualar aqurium without trickle filter (freshwater) expect redox 250redox level and in a marine tank low stockde expect 350redox, so at 277 you cant reely report this to the rspa....

Attachments:

More
05 Oct 2011 19:55 #5 by Sean (Fr. Jack)
Ozone is being injected into the sump via an air stone, it smells like a photo copy machine or a electric bumper cars smell

Attachments:

More
05 Oct 2011 19:57 #6 by Sean (Fr. Jack)
I have added a timer to inject it between 1AM to 6AM so there is no smell by the time a wake up, I dont like the smell it makes me dizzy and light headed, the timer did the trick.

Attachments:

More
05 Oct 2011 20:00 #7 by Sean (Fr. Jack)
The redox sensor is set to 305 as if it raised to 400 it could bleach the fish and in the wild it would not get much higer than 310 at 20metres of depth in lake Tankinika

Attachments:

More
05 Oct 2011 20:05 #8 by Sean (Fr. Jack)
Sh*t this experiment has worked with no google info on O3 treatment on freshwater treatment I think I have cracked the bad colour of the water the fish look happier to, I am guess this is state of the art until some one copys it and improved on it.

Attachments:

More
05 Oct 2011 20:07 #9 by Sean (Fr. Jack)
301 seems to be the right level it drops to 299 during the day due to feeding and the timer has the ozone switch off till after midnight.

Attachments:

More
05 Oct 2011 20:09 #10 by Sean (Fr. Jack)
Compare this top view when the redox was only 277 notice the colour of the coral sand was very brown green before due to the water colour.

Attachments:

More
05 Oct 2011 20:15 #11 by Sean (Fr. Jack)
The wave machine reely moves the surface of the water around in a way causing the light to flicker on the tank bottom just like in a real lake.

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.052 seconds