Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

A few pics of my Discus Tank...

More
01 Jun 2013 09:23 - 01 Jun 2013 09:24 #1 by doreilly (Donal O Reilly)
Here are some shots of my Discus Tank which I have had up and running 6 months.

The plants in the tank are:

Java Fern
Java Fern Windelov
Anubias heterophylla

And the inhabitants:

Blue Diamond Discus
Corydoras Sterbai
Otocinclus
Rummynose Tetra
Cardinal Tetra
Harlequin Rasbora

Last edit: 01 Jun 2013 09:24 by doreilly (Donal O Reilly).

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
01 Jun 2013 10:11 #2 by ghart (Greg Hart)
Lovely setup.
I like your use of the wood and plants.
I assume the sand restricts what plants you can put in.
The corys do well on a sand base they also appreciate some spots to hide from the lights.
You did show mention the spec of the tank or what filteration you are using.

Thanks for sharing.

Greg

More
01 Jun 2013 11:34 #3 by doreilly (Donal O Reilly)
Thanks Greg. The tank itself is 180 litre and I'm running an Eheim Ecco Pro 2036 - the largest in that range of externals.

Some of the Cardinal Tetra's and the 6 Sterbai I got from yourself last year :)

More
01 Jun 2013 16:41 #4 by ghart (Greg Hart)
Good to hear some of my old tank friends are still around and getting great care ;)
Greg

More
02 Jun 2013 16:00 #5 by Discus-Killester (Sinisa)
Hi,

Very nice! :cheer: It's good to see them happy! :angel:

How big are the Discus now?

Cheers

More
02 Jun 2013 20:20 - 02 Jun 2013 20:21 #6 by doreilly (Donal O Reilly)
Hi Sina. Thank you. The Discus are now 2.5 - 3 inch in size. I bought 2 Bolivian Rams yesterday. I will get some more pics up tomorrow.
Last edit: 02 Jun 2013 20:21 by doreilly (Donal O Reilly).

More
14 Jan 2014 14:30 - 14 Jan 2014 14:36 #7 by doreilly (Donal O Reilly)
Hey Sina.

Sorry I've not been on the forum in a while. Not much has changed with the tank recently. Just some pics to show progress of my Discus. All doing well. One has grown a lot bigger than the other 3 but all doing well and eating loads :laugh:

During Water Change

With all plants & wood back in tank before refill

It was around this time last year I got the 4 from you so it's been a good year and fun keeping them.

I'm looking at adding a large piece of Red Moorwood to fill some of the empty spaces at the back of the tank. I think it might look well.

Cheers
Last edit: 14 Jan 2014 14:36 by doreilly (Donal O Reilly).

More
01 Feb 2014 22:33 #8 by Discus-Killester (Sinisa)
HI,

Just saw this post now.

Did you add any new fish?

I'm happy they are doing well, can't believe it was more them a year since you took them :)

Thanks

SIna

More
04 Feb 2014 15:48 #9 by doreilly (Donal O Reilly)

HI,

Just saw this post now.

Did you add any new fish?

I'm happy they are doing well, can't believe it was more them a year since you took them :)

Thanks

SIna

Hi Sina,

Latest fish added were Siamese Algae Eaters - they've done an amazing job in 2 weeks on clearing all my plants of algae and have had no issues keeping them with the Discus.

That year has certainly flown by. Hope all your Discus are doing well.

Cheers,
Donal

More
20 Feb 2014 09:23 #10 by skytechengineer (skytechengineer)

Time to create page: 0.045 seconds