Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

Two of my discus pairing

More
22 Nov 2014 22:39 #1 by Gonefishy (Brian oneill)
Hi Guys,
Said I'd upload a vid of a pair of my discus in my main display tank pairing up and laying eggs....the blue diamonds I bought from Sina when they were babies - I'd say maybe a year and a half old now...I love their colors....the tank has totally grown out again so I have to replant...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
22 Nov 2014 22:40 #2 by Gonefishy (Brian oneill)
Grown out since this vid was taken is what I meant...

More
22 Nov 2014 22:43 #3 by LemonJelly (Johnny Cowley)
Dirty beggars.... just filthy.... and in public too!!! :blush:

Amazing looking fish though, a credit to you ;)

"The only thing that burns in Hell is the part of you that won't let go of your life; your memories, your attachments. They burn them all away. But they're not punishing you.They're freeing your soul."

More
22 Nov 2014 22:45 #4 by Gonefishy (Brian oneill)
My new pair of Pigeons - a proven pair from Sina. Going to give breeding them a go myself and see how I get along...they are speckled now as they had laid eggs on the heater and I removed them earlier today. Just added cone which should make it much easier for them!

More
22 Nov 2014 22:48 #5 by Gonefishy (Brian oneill)

Dirty beggars.... just filthy.... and in public too!!! :blush:

Amazing looking fish though, a credit to you ;)

:) very good. :P thanks for your comments...I've put a lot of time into these guys...

More
22 Nov 2014 22:58 #6 by LemonJelly (Johnny Cowley)
Time... one of the reasons (there's a list!) why I won't be getting discus any time soon...

"The only thing that burns in Hell is the part of you that won't let go of your life; your memories, your attachments. They burn them all away. But they're not punishing you.They're freeing your soul."

More
23 Nov 2014 13:03 #7 by Discus-Killester (Sinisa)
Hi Brian,

Very nice fish :laugh: :silly:

Happy to see my fish being horny! :blush: It didn't take them long :whistle:

Keep us posted & good luck with breeding!

Thanks

Sina

More
23 Nov 2014 13:22 #8 by djomla (M T)
Good luck with breeding, you'll have some fun for sure :cheer:

More
23 Nov 2014 19:44 #9 by Inza (philippe launois)
good luck Brian, but did you think of getting an other tank to raise the baby ? :laugh:

More
23 Nov 2014 22:39 #10 by Gonefishy (Brian oneill)
Hey Philippe! That's anothet story!! Barbara is reaching her limit with my fish addiction or obsession :laugh:

Time to create page: 0.053 seconds