Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

Yellow Crystal Discus

More
19 Sep 2008 19:34 #1 by BJHillson (Brett Hillson)
Has anyone here seen these in Ireland, they look fintastic, I would love to get some but never seen yellow discus like this, Im heading over to the uk next year but dont think i could wait this long.

Let me know if anyone has seen these or know anywhere that stock these.

tanks!
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
26 Sep 2008 14:37 #2 by DaveyH (Dave Horan)
Havent seen them but they look cool...

More
23 May 2009 12:02 #3 by Simon_Jeggo (simon jeggo)
BJHillson wrote:

Has anyone here seen these in Ireland, they look fintastic, I would love to get some but never seen yellow discus like this, Im heading over to the uk next year but dont think i could wait this long.

Let me know if anyone has seen these or know anywhere that stock these.

tanks!

Will have some Yellow Crystal juv's in the next month, really stunning looking discus:woohoo:

More
24 May 2009 20:00 #4 by John100 (John O Brien)
Hi,
I am living in Dungarvan, Do you currently have a stock of Discus ?. I have been keeping discus for the last 8 months or so and would love to have a supplier of good quality discus on my doorstep.

If possible let me know what types you have or are expecting to receive in the future.

Regards
John O'Brien

More
27 May 2009 14:05 #5 by Simon_Jeggo (simon jeggo)
hi john,

Our shop is based in youghal but my wife and i are just in the prosess of launching our new biss called irish discus. Although we have the shop in youghal we are not set up for them so we will be running it out of our house for the time being untill our building is finished and we have a disply tank ready in the shop. i live just out side Tallow.

We have our first shippment due on the 3rd of june. we will have come in:

Yellow Pigeon Discus
Golden Sunrise Discus
Snow White Discus
Super Red Map Discus
Golden Melon Discus
Blue Diamond Discus
Green Turquoise Discus
Marlboro Red Discus
Yellow Crystal Discus

Load more strains will be avalible as soon as the buliding is up are sorted, should have about 15 5'x2'x'2 stock tanks when complete. this doesn't inclued our breeding setups. give us time and we will get there. lol

If yo have any probs please feel free to contact me at the shop or by my email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

More
27 May 2009 14:12 #6 by Ian (Anthony Ramirez)
Are you breeding or directly importing from Asia? Are direct selling or wholesaling into LFS in Dublin?

Fishkeeping CV: Co-founded, 1st President of the only surviving Fishkeeping Club (Accredited by Dept. of Fisheries) in the Philippines (mypalhs.com). I have mostly reared tropicals - Arowanas and monster fishes. My oldest arowana is 13years old (died in a tropical storm). Ive since reared a Black,...

More
27 May 2009 14:34 #7 by Simon_Jeggo (simon jeggo)
@ the mo we are importing as our breeding setup isn't 100% finished, we are selling direct to the public, will be able to wholesale when our building is finished and up and running, will keep you posted

More
27 May 2009 14:54 #8 by Ian (Anthony Ramirez)
Great. Could you also post average sizes when its possible. Thanks!

Fishkeeping CV: Co-founded, 1st President of the only surviving Fishkeeping Club (Accredited by Dept. of Fisheries) in the Philippines (mypalhs.com). I have mostly reared tropicals - Arowanas and monster fishes. My oldest arowana is 13years old (died in a tropical storm). Ive since reared a Black,...

More
27 May 2009 15:07 #9 by Simon_Jeggo (simon jeggo)
all these lot that are coming in will be juvs at about 2.5inchs, when the larger system is up and running we will be stocking 6.5-7 inch and every thing between. we will get larger if required but i have found if you get them full size you can never really tell how old they are.

More
27 May 2009 18:26 #10 by John100 (John O Brien)
Hi Simon,

Looking forward to meeting and seeing your new setup. Good luck with the new business.

rgds
John

More
30 Oct 2009 14:36 #11 by Tunes145 (Tuna Yoney)
Yellow crystal discus is really impressive. I have come accross with albino yellow cristal.

Must be a privileage to have this one..
Attachments:

More
30 Oct 2009 16:40 #12 by Jaffacakehead (John McPartland)
They're all really beautiful fish. Very nice indeed. That's the first yellow one I've seen.

More
30 Oct 2009 17:14 #13 by Tunes145 (Tuna Yoney)
I saw this malaysian breeder and exporter while googling. Their portfolio of Discus breed is impressive! they got even got albino yellow crystal and all others. I was also suprised that they're breeding stingrays..!

Check it out
www.luckytropical.com.my/default.asp

I wonder if any of the tropical fish sellers here deals with these guys? they seem to be high quality!.

More
08 Nov 2009 14:14 #14 by bren (brendan keenan)
Yes,they look great I would be interested in puchsing a few if available in Dublin.

Time to create page: 0.077 seconds