Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

Tefe Video

More
30 Apr 2009 19:35 #1 by russell (russell watson)
Tefe's Spawning

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
30 Apr 2009 19:44 #2 by russell (russell watson)
Oh Well Try Again???????????????????

More
30 Apr 2009 21:14 #3 by russell (russell watson)
The link does work but is tempremental.

More
30 Apr 2009 21:19 #4 by alkiely (alan kiely)
Replied by alkiely (alan kiely) on topic Re:Tefe Video
Wow are they wild.....?

They are amazing looking, they look so good.

You gonna sell the fry when grow?

Good job russel.;)

Alan

More
30 Apr 2009 22:16 #5 by Damian_Ireland (Damian_Ireland)
at last...... congrats

More
30 Apr 2009 22:49 #6 by Zoom (Zoom)
Replied by Zoom (Zoom) on topic Re:Tefe Video
Russell fair play mate , I'm delighted they spawned again. Glad you got a better video of them than me , the look great in it. I'll have to drop down to see the fry . :) ,

Swap ya for some browns :laugh:

More
01 May 2009 01:32 #7 by platty252 (Darren Dalton)
Nice one Russell. Great vid.
It's great to see it wasn't in a bare glass box with a cone. They got to go oh natural. :)

More
01 May 2009 08:22 #8 by russell (russell watson)
Thank's . My intention iw to raise them in a semi Biotope, Had Dozens of e/mails from The Simply Discus crowd who are the best on Discus. and have a section just for Wlds. the interest is amazing, even one from Hiko!!!I don't go with the sterile system, although it has its place, The challange for me is to try to duplicate on some small scale the natural enviroment. Im now a great fan of the ADA Amaozonia. this adds a great Tanin without the realy deep tin't, and I am sure the trapped nutrients are a great benefit, The amazons swords are realy taking off. John H will attest to this, plenty of runners. have the Co2 on a controller wth the Ph at 5.9 constant within .03. No ferts added as the ADA does the job.
Even if I loose the first spawn I won't be dissapointed, Will have to rehome the other two, one already going. so the pair have the tank to themselves .
Just a few perams. Ph 5.9 - TDS 57 - Gh&Kh around 1 to 2.- temp 82
Thanks for comments

More
01 May 2009 09:22 #9 by serratus (Drew Latimer)
Congrats Russell!! Great to see them doing so well!! They have come along way!!!! Best of luck with them!!!

More
03 May 2009 23:25 #10 by Mick0075 (Michael OSullivan)
That is just amazing

Might have to try discus they have me enthralled

Congrats on the spawning

More
04 May 2009 17:38 #11 by Daragh_Owens (Daragh Owens)
Well done Russell. How are things now, have you still got the eggs?

Daragh

More
04 May 2009 18:08 #12 by russell (russell watson)
Hi Daragh

Unfortunately the other Male tried to get in on the act by fanning the eggs. and there was mayhem, Damien collected the Other 2 males today, so only the pair Left in the tank now, and she is getting ready to spawn again as we speak.
Will keep you posted

More
04 May 2009 20:12 #13 by Daragh_Owens (Daragh Owens)
Wow, that was quick, it should be easier with just the pair. Fingers crossed for the next run.

Daragh

More
04 May 2009 20:30 #14 by russell (russell watson)
Hi Daragh
It looks like I have a lively pair. they wan't to spawn all the time. had emails from all over Europe The Sates & Canada even Japsn wishing me luck, not many have raised captive bred!!! They were facinated with the video. anyway we will see

Time to create page: 0.061 seconds