Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

ph for rams

More
28 Feb 2015 18:25 #1 by alan 64 (alan)
ph for rams was created by alan 64 (alan)
OK guys is would any of use know if a ph of 7.2-7.4 be too high for rams, anything I'm reading says no higher than 7

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
28 Feb 2015 18:46 #2 by trent (trent)
Replied by trent (trent) on topic ph for rams
i had one in ph7.6 and it was fine until i had a ammonia spike. i have apistos in that ph right ow and there fine

More
28 Feb 2015 19:01 #3 by tetdiscus (Maritess McCarthy)
Your ph should be fine as long as its stable. Its same with discus, stability is more important than manipulating the ph to go down. IMO.

More
28 Feb 2015 19:52 #4 by alan 64 (alan)
Replied by alan 64 (alan) on topic ph for rams
cool I wont mess with the ph so and see how they go

More
28 Feb 2015 23:42 #5 by Fishowner (Gavin fishowner)
They should be fine but do be warned that the quality of rams has declined over recent years.Asian bred rams have become so weak now its a fish ive struggled with even in ideal ph values...ive had them breed also but long term ive never managed to keep them.I do have two at present who have survived abit better lately...the bolivan ram have been better I find. Best of luck with them,they are a gorgeous fish and when coloured up and breeding they are superb.
Gavin

More
01 Mar 2015 01:19 #6 by alan 64 (alan)
Replied by alan 64 (alan) on topic ph for rams
thanks mate I have never kept rams for a long period as I have found what u say to be true but I will try these guys hopefully they will be ok

More
01 Mar 2015 08:55 #7 by Gonefishy (Brian oneill)

Your ph should be fine as long as its stable. Its same with discus, stability is more important than manipulating the ph to go down. IMO.

+1 for sure and couldn't agree more...stability is key....

More
01 Mar 2015 20:53 #8 by ger310 (Ger .)
Replied by ger310 (Ger .) on topic ph for rams

thanks mate I have never kept rams for a long period as I have found what u say to be true but I will try these guys hopefully they will be ok

Some cracking little Bolivian Rams in an LFS in North Dublin.........They were born and raised in good aul Dublin water aswell,so i picked up 3 myself :)

Ger

What do you call a three legged Donkey?

A Wonkey....duh ha :)

More
14 Apr 2015 04:47 - 14 Apr 2015 04:48 #9 by djomla (M T)
Replied by djomla (M T) on topic ph for rams
I totally agree with tetdiscus...

I have discus and rams at 7.8
:-)
And they are doing fine :-)
Last edit: 14 Apr 2015 04:48 by djomla (M T). Reason: spelling

Time to create page: 0.064 seconds