Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

stocking 6ft tank suggestions

More
09 Sep 2015 19:30 #1 by irish-zx10r (James feenan)
just interested to see what you put into a 6ft tank what i have left two red terror cichlids and two butterkoferi cichlids 1 large silver dollar fish
would it work keeping a pair red terrors and pair of butterkoferi in the same tank ? 3 of them are around the 12 inch mark one 8 inchs

Something fishie going on here

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
22 Sep 2015 15:13 #2 by Robbied12 (Robbie Duffy)
Im getting rid of my Africans and going back sa myself, I'm looking some tbar Cichlids to go with my convicts, mate is also giving me a 6 inch SalvinI to go with them.
If I could get my old wolf cichlid back mid be delighted should never of let him go.

More
22 Sep 2015 20:44 #3 by ger310 (Ger .)

would it work keeping a pair red terrors and pair of butterkoferi in the same tank ? 3 of them are around the 12 inch mark one 8 inchs

I have not kept either of these but if they are breeding pairs then I would imagine there would be mayhem keeping them together!!

Ger

What do you call a three legged Donkey?

A Wonkey....duh ha :)

More
22 Sep 2015 20:48 #4 by ger310 (Ger .)

If I could get my old wolf cichlid back mid be delighted should never of let him go.

What did you keep it with?.......I've being wanting to keep a Dovii for a while now but I have a fear of it wrecking the "relative" peace I have at the moment with aggressive 'ish' fish!!

Sorry for writing on your thread James!!

Ger

More
23 Sep 2015 14:55 #5 by Robbied12 (Robbie Duffy)
The dovii was supercool and would take on the jaguar twice his size but as I was moving house and getting smaller tank he had to go, lad from Galway took him with a 1000 litre tank so he's happy.
Convicts and tbars go well together and cross breed so that's what I'm looking to do for a while.
A school of silver dollars would be cool with your red terrors and tilapia?

More
23 Sep 2015 23:49 #6 by ger310 (Ger .)

The dovii was supercool and would take on the jaguar twice his size but as I was moving house and getting smaller tank he had to go, lad from Galway took him with a 1000 litre tank so he's happy.
Convicts and tbars go well together and cross breed so that's what I'm looking to do for a while.
A school of silver dollars would be cool with your red terrors and tilapia?

Deadly :).......yeh anything I've read or seen of them makes me want one more,but they are nuts ha

Convicts are the bizz but cross breeding them with Tbars is not something i'd agree with but sure each to there own as they say.

Hmmmm your last sentence now makes me think you were not answering me ha.......anyway :crazy:

More
24 Sep 2015 08:15 #7 by Robbied12 (Robbie Duffy)
Was half answer for each of you lol, no I've gone against mixing the tbars now just going convicts only and maybe mates 6 inch salvini:)

More
25 Sep 2015 10:58 #8 by irish-zx10r (James feenan)
The choice was not hard after only two fish for the 6ft nothing else last two minutes with the male butterkoferi he is even trying to bite us through the glass lol

Something fishie going on here

Time to create page: 0.050 seconds