Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

Jaguar companions?

More
13 Jan 2016 14:45 #1 by tom27 (Thomas Cryan)
Hi all I have a lonely adult female jaguar which was once part of a happy community tank i unfortunately had to down grade tanks to a 200litre and I was left with just the jaguar and a plec I've tried to introduce new tank mates but have struggled to find a successful match i know this is not an easy thing to achieve with adult south Americans but would be happy with just 1 more fish in this tank so any suggestions on potential tanks mates would be appreciated
Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 Jan 2016 16:01 #2 by irish-zx10r (James feenan)
You won't get another fish into a 200L the Jaguar will take over the full tank tbh the only way you manage other fish is double your tank size or even go for 350L i had one male jag in my 200L quarantine tank he was never fully happy till i moved him into the big tank

Something fishie going on here

More
13 Jan 2016 16:10 #3 by tom27 (Thomas Cryan)
Thanks I was starting to think I was in trouble alright he was previously in a 600l ah well il keep him anyway hopefully il be able to get a second tank again soon

More
13 Jan 2016 17:25 #4 by irish-zx10r (James feenan)
Another tank is the right job just be careful that you don't get MTS :laugh:

Something fishie going on here

More
13 Jan 2016 17:38 #5 by tom27 (Thomas Cryan)
Ha ha I've had 2 on the go before its gonna happen again I can feel it ha ha

More
14 Jan 2016 06:33 #6 by paulv (paul vickers)
You could try a few Congo tetra, they are mid water swimmers and look great when adults.

More
14 Jan 2016 10:23 #7 by tom27 (Thomas Cryan)
Maybe tanks il have a look into that

Time to create page: 0.041 seconds