Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

Green Terrors

More
03 May 2008 12:22 #1 by zale (Mark carroll)
just wondering about this little dance is it a dominance struggle (if it is their very gentle with each other) or is it a love thing....

Quick GT video

Mark

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
03 May 2008 20:37 #2 by sheag35 (Seamus Gillespie)
looks like you've a pair doing a mating dance there zale, best of luck with them, they are in great condition.. just be careful they can get territorial when breeding
Seamus

Fishkeeping the Only way to get wet and wild

currently 25 tanks, and breeding is the aim of everything i keep

More
05 May 2008 09:23 #3 by zale (Mark carroll)
Thanks Seamus,

Don't think it'll happen for a while yet, the encounters are very brief.

Mark

More
04 Jun 2008 07:00 #4 by adriano210 (adrian kraszewski)
they fight you have two males :)

More
14 Jul 2008 23:51 #5 by john kelly (John Kelly)
wow they r in super fab condition good backing track 2

More
15 Jul 2008 22:40 - 15 Jul 2008 22:40 #6 by oconnordaithi (David O Connor)
HI mate have had a lot of experience with these and im almost 100% you have 2 males although the video is a bit grainy....A female will never usually have that bright colour pattern and tend to be much duller than th emales without the fin extensions.... although I have seen exceptions but only in some wild fish..... I did see what looked to be a female in the bottom right hand corner of the video tho... I may be wrong as it was only there for a second or two and could have been a blue acara.....
Last edit: 15 Jul 2008 22:40 by oconnordaithi (David O Connor).

Time to create page: 0.044 seconds