Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

Bristle nose plec ancistrus wanted

More
29 Nov 2014 20:37 #1 by tetras (brian)
Hi everyone.
I cannot get a b nose plec in Cork. They just don't stock them and have tried shops over last month but they never have them. Doors anyone have them to sell in the Cork area. Thanks
Brian

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
29 Nov 2014 22:57 #2 by baan (Fintan Breen)
howdy,

I have many many juvies here which I am attempting to catch to move them on. I can give you a couple if you can collect from Limerick (city).

More
30 Nov 2014 08:37 #3 by joemc (joe mc)
i regularly bring my offspring in to the north main street pet shop in cork city, i dropped in Biotodoma cupido, 2 species of ancistrus and some apistogramma only a week ago

FOR SALE
Catappa Leaves
PM FOR DETAILS

Ebay Fish Foods Click here!

More
30 Nov 2014 14:14 #4 by tetras (brian)
Thank you guys.
I will be going up to Limerick in the next few weeks so if its ok Baan I will message you in mid december to pick up them from you.
Many Thanks
Brian

Also in the meantime I might just try north main street just in case they still have them as it would it safe a long drive to Limerick as I'm here in west cork :)

Thanks guys.
Cheers
Brian

More
30 Nov 2014 18:25 #5 by joemc (joe mc)
sure if you are in west cork give me a shout i am only a mile or so from bandon, you are welcome to a bristle nosed plec, just let me know how big your tank is as i have a number of species that grow to different sizes

FOR SALE
Catappa Leaves
PM FOR DETAILS

More
30 Nov 2014 19:52 #6 by baan (Fintan Breen)
ok, sounds like you are sorted, but if not, drop me a pm when you know when you'll be in Limerick.

Offer open to others also... I have a lot of the little guys and they need to start leaving soon, but catching them is a pain!

More
30 Nov 2014 21:20 #7 by tetras (brian)
Thanks all,
Very much appreciated.
I will call you to you so Joe if you don't mind. I have a small 54l tank so the smaller the better I guess. I am treating ich at the moment in my tank so will contact you if that is ok in a weeks time. I bought a platy recently and the ich must have come in, so will clear that out of tank first before I call. I will pm you in about a week once I am clear of whitespot
Thanks Baan also for the offer, very much appreciated also.

Again Thanks to everyone as I was looking everywhere for them.
Cheers
Brian

More
30 Nov 2014 23:37 #8 by joemc (joe mc)
no prob, anytime, there are always a good few here, i reckon Ancistrus triradiatus would be the best one i have for that sized tank, they max out at about 4 and a half inches i will keep a pair aside for you.

FOR SALE
Catappa Leaves
PM FOR DETAILS

More
01 Dec 2014 01:59 #9 by paulcavan (Paul Gileoold)
Sorry for jumping in here I am currently looking for some pleco species for my trigon 190 baan could you send me a pm on what you have as I'm regularly down that way location is not a problem cheers paul

More
09 Dec 2014 22:42 #10 by joemc (joe mc)
flying visit again this evening tetras, hope it settles in for you, if you decide to take a female just let me know and i will net one out for you for the next time you are passing
cheers
joe

FOR SALE
Catappa Leaves
PM FOR DETAILS

More
11 Dec 2014 10:39 #11 by tetras (brian)
Hi Joe,
Thank you very much.
The bristlenose pleco is doing really well in the tank since the move.
I always know that any fish you have is always a healthy specimen and locally grown unlike the fish you get in mass produced fish shops.

The pleco you gave me is cleaning away the algae off my tank and is doing very well.
Sorry I couldn't stay long, was doing the Christmas shop in Cork and then had to get back home to meet babysitter.

It's all go, The fishkeeping hobby is great to get away from the stress of things :)

Thanks again Joe,

More
11 May 2015 10:18 #12 by richardn (Richard Newell)
Hi Joe

I'm looking for 2 bristlenose plecos max fully grown size 4-4.5 inches.

Would you have anything suitable?

Cheers, Richard

More
11 May 2015 12:45 #13 by joemc (joe mc)
yeah, sure, i have some ranging from an inch up to adult / dub adult size, both sexes, i am in west cork / cork city area let me know if that suits you

FOR SALE
Catappa Leaves
PM FOR DETAILS

More
11 May 2015 12:54 #14 by richardn (Richard Newell)
Great thanks Joe

Time to create page: 0.062 seconds