Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

Zebra Pleco update

More
18 May 2016 14:56 #1 by fishmad1234 (Craig Coyle)
Have had this little guy since March he is still very small.

Was very shy for awhile he but now he is out and about during the day with the light on still yet to see him feeding tho but he seems very healthy to me.

File Attachment:

Regards
Craig

at the end of the day it becomes nite

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
18 May 2016 15:38 #2 by robert (robert carter)
Very nice fish Craig

More
18 May 2016 15:46 #3 by fishmad1234 (Craig Coyle)
Thanks Robert only actually starting to enjoy having him recently spent more time looking for him and stressing over him eating.

I had planned to try get a group of them but more the moment I'm happy just having the one zebra Pleco

Regards
Craig

More
18 May 2016 16:56 #4 by Jonlate (Jon Late)
I know how you feel. I got a L201 wild inspector pleco. ( it's spotty)
It's my most expensive fish (about €40) and it's the first one I always look for every day.
I am always wondering has it eaten enough or has it eaten to much.
When I first got it I didn't see it much, but like yours it now does come out during the day, and it's great to see it.
What do you feed yours? I tryed cucumber and courgette, but he/she ignored it completely. But it does eat the pleco tablet things.

More
18 May 2016 17:03 #5 by fishmad1234 (Craig Coyle)
jbl nova tab although even if you break the tablet up it makes a huge mess in the tank cucumber and blood worm I have tried krill and other meaty frozen foods but he seems to just like bloodworm.

I turn the lights off then drop the bloodworm in and it's gone in the morning it got to the stage where I was actually counting the individual bloodworm I was putting into the tank :crazy: ( I was never even that careful doing the oz in the baby's bottles) lol

Regards
Craig

More
25 May 2016 11:34 #6 by tomo (tomo curtis)
Hi guys.
My L 46s spawned twice last year
I feed my fish on blood worms black wormsWhite worms also Nova tabs and earth worms sticks they don't seem to like cucumber

Time to create page: 0.053 seconds