Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

Schultzei Cory Fry

More
02 Jan 2008 00:33 #1 by Cillian (Cillian Murphy)
Hey i have been trying to breed Schultzei's Cory since i got some from Darragh Owens, I deceded to move some of them into a breeding trap as most of them were getting eaten most of them didnt hatch but i noticed about 2 days ago that there was one or two in the breeding trap and on closer inspection there is 6. I will try get some photos but my camera isnt the best, anyway i added a small bit of powered flake as they look a few days old they appear to have eaten there eggs but i was just wondering if what im doing is ok and do you have any tips for me, thanks Cillian

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
02 Jan 2008 01:06 #2 by Daragh_Owens (Daragh Owens)
Congrats. Does that make me a Grandfather?

Extremely finely powdered flake will be ok, but they would be better with brineshrimp and or Liqufry food (for livebearers) they are large fry. Sick a bit of a plant in with them too and they will browse that for algae and micro organisms.

Daragh

More
14 Jan 2008 22:16 #3 by Cillian (Cillian Murphy)
Unfortuntaly im down to only 2 fry now ive been working for 10-12 hours a day for the past two weeks collecting christmas trees and my tanks got a bit neglected. but hopefully these will survive and i will have more soon.

More
14 Jan 2008 22:19 #4 by Daragh_Owens (Daragh Owens)
Fry are very sensitive to water conditions and that's most likely why you are down to two. Keep the tankback in condition and the parents will spawn again and hopefully you will have a better survival rate next time.

Daragh

More
14 Jan 2008 22:23 #5 by Cillian (Cillian Murphy)
I figured as much thanks I will keep you posted.

Time to create page: 0.043 seconds